Tyrolia - Confederation of the Rhine & Bavaria (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support

General Chamberlain -> Tyrolia - Confederation of the Rhine & Bavaria (7/31/2007 3:17:35 AM)

Hi, I've owned this game for over a year, and have recently picked it back up and began to play again.

As my title states, my question has to do with Tyrolia. I'm playing as France. Since Tyrolia is owned by Austria, the only way I know how to get it is to have Austria cede it to me. This makes it a "solid" province, and it does not seem to be able to become independent (i.e. I can't liberate it or make it a protectorate).

So, my question boils down to this: In order to get the regional bonus troops for either the Confederation of the Rhine or Bavaria, the manual states I need Tyrolia to be a protectorate. But as far as I can tell, it is impossible to make Tyrolia a protectorate.

Could someone please let me know if
a) There is a way to make Tyrolia a protectorate or add it to an existing protectorate
b) Tyrolia is not needed to get the regional bonus troops for the Confed. of the Rhine or Bavaria
c) Tyrolia conquered ("solid") while maintaining the rest of the necessary provinces as protectorates will give you the regional bonuses.
d) You cannot get the regional bonuses because you need to have Tyrolia as a protectorate, and that is impossible.

I've done my best to search the forums for an hour or so, but haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jkBluesman -> RE: Tyrolia - Confederation of the Rhine & Bavaria (7/31/2007 8:59:46 PM)

But you get additional troops from Bavaria and the Confederation of the Rhine without owning Tyrolia, just not in Tyrolia. Or is that what you are looking after?

General Chamberlain -> RE: Tyrolia - Confederation of the Rhine & Bavaria (8/4/2007 12:44:59 AM)

Are you saying that you DO get the additional bonus troops even if you do not own Tyrolia? If so, then yes, that is what I was wondering.

jkBluesman -> RE: Tyrolia - Confederation of the Rhine & Bavaria (8/4/2007 12:11:55 PM)

Bavaria and the Confederation build troops once a year when protectorate. If these are the bonus troops you are referring to, than my choice is b).
If you start as France in 1805 (standard campaign) you already have the Bavarian army as ally.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI