Is this a bug? surrounded victory sites. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

cerosenberg -> Is this a bug? surrounded victory sites. (8/2/2007 8:10:36 PM)

Using newest patch:

I had an interestng phenomenea occur during a detailed battle. A large union army was besigning a fort. the seige had not een resolved and the territory was still Confederate. the AI sent into the province a force half the size of the Union. I choose detailed battle. The Union army was the "attacker". After defeating the confederate forces (confederate will = -4, Union will = 15), a number of conferate units were surrounded including those in two victory sites. With the confederates retreating and brigades surrounded, I chose to quickly resolve the battle. Soon I was recieving messages that the Union forces had been defeated and union units were routing. The final resolution screen confirmed a Union victory with significant Confederate losses and 7 brigades surrounded. The strange messages did not seem to affect the game. I assume the messages were due to the fact that the confederates still held two victory points and could not vacate because these unit were surrounded. thank you.

Joram -> RE: Is this a bug? surrounded victory sites. (8/2/2007 10:15:55 PM)

It does sound like a bug but I don't think it has anything to do with the victory point hexes.  AFAIK they only hasten the defeat of the defender, not the other way around.  But someone official would have to comment to be sure.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI