Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

StefanG -> Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/2/2007 10:27:46 PM)

So, I just completed my first Puresim season. And although I quick simm'd the regular season, I decided to watch the world series (although simulated, not managed). I noticed these issues (btw, I'm running v1.63):

1) When switch hitters are batting against right handed pitchers, it indicates they are batting right handed. I don't know if they really are because the opposing pitcher's information shows what they are pitching against left handed batters as if it knows the batter is batting left handed. The issue doesn't exist when the pitcher is left handed and the batter is a switch hitter - it indicates they are batting right handed.

2) None of my starting pitchers got any rest during the playoffs. After 5 games I noticed that all 5 of my starting pitchers were "Completely Exhausted (0%)". I would expect my last pitcher to be very tired, but not my pitchers who had been resting for 4 or 5 days. This didn't seem to be a problem during the regular season.

3) In game 7 of my world series, instead of starting a completely exhausted pitcher from my starting rotation (see problem above), I made Bob Welch my game 7 starter (he was in the bullpen), he was only "Very Tired" (26%). And this was his line at completion of the game:

IP: 9 H:18 R: 24 ER: 24 BB: 14 K:3 HR: 4

Now, I understand that a little patience is necessary, but I'm thinking the bullpen could have assisted him a bit here. Maybe because of issue #2, all of the relief pitchers were also tired, so the computer AI left him in the game. Any ideas?

Oh, and the opposing team's pitchers were also completely exhausted, however, Danning Darwin (being completely exhausted) pitched this game:

IP: 3.2 H: 0 ER: 0 BB: 3 K: 0

As you can see the computer AI pulled him even though he had a no hitter through 3.2 innings.

Is anyone else recognized these issues? Are they known bugs? And is there an estimated time for having them resolved?

Thanks.

StefanG -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/2/2007 10:40:14 PM)

Something I just thought of that might have caused Item #2 above... After each game completed, the game crashed and I got the "Do you want to send a report to MS" message. Maybe there is some wrap up that was supposed to happen at the completion of each game, (ie. give rest to other pitchers) that was not happening. So,

#4) Game crashes at completion of "watched simulated" game

Bustoff -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/3/2007 1:02:35 AM)

Issue #2, and possibly #3, have been resolved in the 1.63 release.

StefanG -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/3/2007 1:09:10 AM)

I'm playing with the v1.63 release, doesn't appear to be resolved to me.  Has anyone else continued to experience these problems with v1.63?

Bustoff -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/3/2007 3:51:51 AM)

Whoa...sorry to hear that. None of my associations are near the playoffs at the moment, so I can't confirm. Anyone else?

puresimmer -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/4/2007 5:31:50 PM)

Looks like the bug has to do with watching world series games (as opposed to simming them)

I am on this right now and will release a fix as soon as today.

Thank you so much for the detailed report!

Shaun

StefanG -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/5/2007 5:42:12 PM)

Hey no problem, thanks for the prompt response to the issue.  I assume you are referring to issue #2 above?

Do you have any idea as to whether Switch hitters are actually batting right against right handed pitchers as the UI indicates, or do you think that's just a cosmetic issue (issue #1 above)?

Thanks in advance.

puresimmer -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/5/2007 6:02:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StefanG

Hey no problem, thanks for the prompt response to the issue.  I assume you are referring to issue #2 above?

Do you have any idea as to whether Switch hitters are actually batting right against right handed pitchers as the UI indicates, or do you think that's just a cosmetic issue (issue #1 above)?

Thanks in advance.

Yes he's batting from the correct side. Its a UI issue.

Shaun

puresimmer -> RE: Bugs Noticed during Playoffs (8/5/2007 7:29:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StefanG

Thanks in advance.

Yes issue #2 was a biggie and the root cause of all your weirdness it's fixed in the 1.64 BETA patch which is now available.

Also, I just fixed the cosmetic switch hitter caption issue a few minutes ago and will include that in the next patch I release.

Thanks again.

Shaun

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI