A question for the Japan Fans (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

grumpyman -> A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 6:21:56 AM)

I was wondering what type of strategic bombing causes the most headaches for Japan players. Is it industry, resources, engines, etc? You can tell me I promise not to tell anyone.

wild_Willie2 -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 8:05:25 AM)

Personally I think that oil is Japan's weakpoint...
If you are in range to bomg the home islands than bomb the heavy industry first and then the engine factories...

Yakface -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 8:24:46 AM)

Depends what mod you are playing.  In stock it tends to be oil, in CHS there is oodles of oil all over the place, but only just enough resources.  A concerted campaign against resources would be very unpleasant.  If you can get close enough to bomb the HI (then the war is over isn't it?) then aircraft engines or airframes would quickly become disasterous for the Japanese. 

pauk -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 9:24:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: grumpyman

I was wondering what type of strategic bombing causes the most headaches for Japan players. Is it industry, resources, engines, etc? You can tell me I promise not to tell anyone.

sake warehouses!

Apollo11 -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 9:40:19 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

quote:

ORIGINAL: grumpyman

sake warehouses!

No... no... no... [;)]

The Geisha houses are most vulnerable (the morale sinks very very low)... [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

pauk -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 11:27:05 AM)

Well, we could discuss about that, but i think that Grumpyman get the picture:

Leave industry alone and attack Geisha houses and sake warehouses[:D]

Terminus -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 11:47:02 AM)

To do that, select "City Attack" and then press Ctrl-Alt-F4-Del-F12 together.

Yamato hugger -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 2:57:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yakface

Depends what mod you are playing. In stock it tends to be oil, in CHS there is oodles of oil all over the place, but only just enough resources. A concerted campaign against resources would be very unpleasant. If you can get close enough to bomb the HI (then the war is over isn't it?) then aircraft engines or airframes would quickly become disasterous for the Japanese.

This is pretty much it. Bombing HI is kind of pointless really, as in stock you are usually short on oil, and in CHS usually short on resources so either way most Jap players are shutting down factories anyways.

RUPD3658 -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 3:39:08 PM)

KDonovan: Read no further.

Ok, as a Jap player who is getting pummelled at the moment this is how I would destroy Japan. What I would be seeking is the fastest effect on the effectiveness of Japan's economy. I suggest targeting in this order:

1. Oil. This shuts down the HI (supply production) and is the weakpoint of Japan's economy plus there are only a few targets to be attacked.

2. AF factories. No factories, no new AC

3. Resources. This cuts the generated supplies

4. Naval yards/Repair yards. Japan is probably not building ships if the Home Islands are getting bombed but if they are hitting the shipyards will slow this down right away. Hitting the reapir yards slows the repair of damaged ships.

5. Aramament/vehicle factories. They are probably a ton stockpiled but this cuts off any further being stockpiled

6. Heavy Industry. HI points are probably stockpiled so this will have little effect. Besides, if there is no oil the HI will sit idle anyway.

Grotius -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 5:41:12 PM)

I've noticed that some players have house rules forbidding strategic bombing of occupied oil and resource hexes.  Is this a common house rule?  It would seem to give the Allied player little choice but to go after heavy industry (and whatever oil/resources can be found) in the Home Islands.

kaleun -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 6:01:02 PM)

I don't see why the allies would abstain from bombing the oil or resources in occupied territories. I can see not bombing manpower, which the allies would not have done, but not resources or oil.

Terminus -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 6:05:44 PM)

Hell no, and they did it as much as they could.

RUPD3658 -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 6:09:54 PM)

We did it in Europe so I see no reason why we would not do it in Asia.

ChezDaJez -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/3/2007 11:18:23 PM)

quote:

I don't see why the allies would abstain from bombing the oil or resources in occupied territories. I can see not bombing manpower, which the allies would not have done, but not resources or oil.

Exactly. Some of the longest missions flown by B-24s (380th BG) out of Darwin (IIRC) were against oil targets Balikipapan, Borneo. Those missions lasted over 13 hours!

I agree that the allies wouldn't bomb manpower centers (except in the home islands). The political fallout would have been disastrous.

As a Japanese player, I fear losing my oil centers. Without oil, my economy doesn't run and my ships can't sail.

Chez

Kadrin -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/4/2007 2:58:49 AM)

We bombed the hell out of Manilla, and a few other cities whose names I can't remember at the moment, all of which were not in the Home Islands. It's all fair game.

Terminus -> RE: A question for the Japan Fans (8/4/2007 3:07:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChezDaJez

quote:

Exactly. Some of the longest missions flown by B-24s (380th BG) out of Darwin (IIRC) were against oil targets Balikipapan, Borneo. Those missions lasted over 13 hours!

I agree that the allies wouldn't bomb manpower centers (except in the home islands). The political fallout would have been disastrous.

As a Japanese player, I fear losing my oil centers. Without oil, my economy doesn't run and my ships can't sail.

Chez

The very longest Liberator mission was undertaken by aircraft of 356 Squadron RAF against the port of Kao Huaking in Thailand on 22 November 1944. 2,557 miles taking almost 15 hours!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI