Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

mikesul -> Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/6/2007 10:04:24 PM)

PureSim froze up on me during the offseason (after reporting retirments), and I closed the program. Now when I load my association, there is nothing listed under "Association Today", so I cannot start the amateur draft.

There is no scheduled games. I can not click on games or standing because these options are greyed out. I have no way of going forward.

Bustoff -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/6/2007 10:36:07 PM)

Ouch. Check your /psa/ folder for backups of the association; you may have to revert to the most recent backup.

mikesul -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/6/2007 11:09:05 PM)

Unfortunately, I have no backup files.

I habitually used the "quick load" function and didn't realize that I wouldn't have access to backup files.

Is there any way to force the program to go though the offseason process?

Is there any way to go find a previous seasons save file?

Thanks for the help.

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/6/2007 11:27:36 PM)

mikesul,

Did you actually remove the backup file? I always quickload on my laptop, since I primarily play 1 association on it, and it has still created backups for my association. In fact, I don't believe there's an option to disregard backups entirely-- you must select from (1) STANDARD - at the end of every season or (2) OFTEN - every 40 games and at the end of the season. This is irrelevant of how you load the game/association.

mikesul -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/6/2007 11:44:46 PM)

I haven't removed any backup files. I have not moved or deleted any files pertaining this game.

I had the backup option set to 1. STANDARD.

I looked around in the PureSim folders and couldn't find any stray association files.

mikesul -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/7/2007 12:00:13 AM)

Scratch what I just said.

I DO have backup files. They weren't being shown when I selected "Load Game" because they are not .psa.

I will rename them and try them out.

Thanks for the help everyone.

mikesul -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/7/2007 12:05:42 AM)

OK, it looks like the problem is fixed. I used a backup file and it took me to the end of my last season, which is good. Now I just need to go through the offseason process.

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for the help.

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/7/2007 12:33:22 AM)

No need to apologize-- what matters is that it's fixed!! [:)]

Also, I should have been a little more specific and mentioned that they will show in the directory and not from the Load game drop-down. Ah well, live and learn!

puresimmer -> RE: Game froze in offseason, can't start new season (8/7/2007 3:08:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikesul

PureSim froze up on me during the offseason (after reporting retirments), and I closed the program. Now when I load my association, there is nothing listed under "Association Today", so I cannot start the amateur draft.

There is no scheduled games. I can not click on games or standing because these options are greyed out. I have no way of going forward.

If you have no backup it sounds like you'll need to start a new assn. Also, be sure to be patient with the off season, it's possible that it wasn't frozen.

Sorry!

Shaun

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI