Hey, why was my other thread killed? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Executioner Five -> Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 3:29:54 AM)

You know the one of "How about a date, Hard Sarge".

I didn't realize it was verboten to question about when the game is coming out.
Also, I saw what was typed in the thread. You know what, Sarge? You may be tired
of the questions, but the way I was taught when you have a potential customer who's asking
when a product is coming out, you don't answer them with sarcasm. It doesn't make them
feel like valued customers. Wonder if Matrix knows you like to treat their customers
like ****.

harley -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 3:39:51 AM)

That was me, Not HARD_Sarge

We work hard on this game, we are all part-timers. We have answered the same question many times over, and having it re-asked over and over again adds nothing to the ongoing development work.

If we had a date to give, you'd see it as a pinned topic, and authored by David Heath. That's when it's official. That's when it will be released.

Executioner Five -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 3:42:03 AM)

Let me guess, the day after Duke Nukem Forever comes out?

Part-timing is no excuse for treating potential customers like this.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 4:10:30 AM)

I also said, I could say something stupid like (so it was meant to be a joke)

I have also said, I will not give out any release dates until we know when we will have something to release

and that will not be until I/we give something to David and David gives the go ahead to make a statement

if you took my statement the wrong way, I will say I am sorry, you don't understand how I tend to write and mistook my intention

but again, and hopefully so it is not misunderstood, I will not be posting a release date for the game, until I am told to by David and that more posts asking the same type of question, will more then likely be deleted by Harley (he funny that way)

USSMaine -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 6:45:59 AM)

that's cause Harley gets to em before I do ;-)

petdog2007 -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 11:09:20 AM)

So when's it coming out? [:D]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 11:45:23 AM)

I already told you, the 12th of never

[sm=fighting0043.gif]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]
[sm=sign0003.gif]

Dixie -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 1:39:08 PM)

The more you ask the longer you wait as my Grandmother used to say [:D]

As long as it's making progress and will see the light of day sometime not too far off I'm happy to let the gang work in (relative) peace [;)]

Terminus -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 2:30:46 PM)

Aymen, Brother!

fochinell -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 3:09:07 PM)

Part-timing is no excuse for treating potential customers like this.

We're all keen to see the game come out. Given the size of the development team and the time available for them to dedicate to it, I'd rather wait until next year to see the game after sufficient development and testing, instead of having it come out tomorrow and then face all the inevitable whingeing about how it should never have been released in a half-completed state with all these bugs, etc, etc.

I'm happy that this forum gives me a chance to voice my opinion to the development team during the devlopment process; the alternative would seem to be the development team close off the forum to concentrate on development without endless demands that it should have been released yesterday.

I appreciate the level of detail HS and his team are trying to achieve, and I'm prepared to wait to see it achieved.

And finally, I never thought constant complaints about release dates were the most effective way of motivating a development team to increase their efforts to release an application early.

Terminus -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 3:41:22 PM)

And if history is anything to go by, E5 would be the first in line to whine about a buggy product. Take your time, lads... Take your time...

petdog2007 -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 5:20:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

I already told you, the 12th of never

[sm=fighting0043.gif]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]
[sm=sign0003.gif]

[&o]

Justascratch -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/7/2007 11:31:07 PM)

Ahh the good old days before forums when customers had no input into development at all & games just suddenly appeared on the shelf at the local mom and pop software store.

HMSWarspite -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/8/2007 12:45:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justascratch

Ahh the good old days before forums when customers had no input into development at all & games just suddenly appeared on the shelf at the local mom and pop software store.

Or more likely, you heard rumours of them, but couldn't get them 'cos your s/w store hadn't got it!

Terminus -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/8/2007 1:36:46 AM)

Or had even heard of it... And they had to check outdated paper lists for them...[:D]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/8/2007 2:43:25 AM)

LOL

I remember when

(story time, go hide)

I think it was Lowbow came out (helo flightsim) what was odd was it came out on a Tues (nothing came out on Tues) I looked and wanted it, but, 59.99 for a helo flightsim when I do not know if I like helo was just too much) so said ahhh, guess I will wait

went back in Fri and my buddy told me, hey we got a deal for you, that game I was looking at dropped in price, from what he was saying, they hadn't sold a single copy, and all of there stores were stuck with them, so I got it for 39.99, that weekend, people found out it was released, and by monday, none of there stores had any copies left, the reason it didn't sell, was nobody knew it was out yet, monday it was full price again and some heads rolled for dropping the price

was on Vac once, and went to the store and they had 4 new games (well, 4 that I wanted, it was a great week for games releases !) but, I couldn't bring myself to buy 4 new games, so bought two of them, Master of Magic and Col (not even gonna try spelling that, it was by Sid Meyers), played them soild for two days and then snuck back out and bought the other two (I could talk myself into buying 4 games in a week, but not in a day :)

that was a good store, I knew all of the people who worked there, and in the end, I was there way longer then any of the workers, but I used to get calls when something good came in, or if something they knew I liked came in, also since the store didn't have a computer, but they got free stuff to show off on the computer, I tended to get a lot of freebies (and some of them were pretty good ones, got Links for free)

the manager used to go to the Cons and bring back boxes of goodies, pens and badges and junk, but one time, when Avlon Hill was getting into Computer games, I was always asking if there was any news, on the flight by, the manager was sitting next to the owners of Avlon Hill, and mentioned that I always bugged him for any news, they got to the airport and went to get there bags and the owners gave him a ton of freebies to give to me !

(manager was a little miffed, I hope you are happy, I had to lug this stuff around since Washington DC Airport !!!!)

used to get my joysticks replaced for free too (the old Thrustmaster, like a 100 dollar stick, but the fancy spring tended to give and it couldn't easily be replaced) they would put it in a box and give me back the one from the box and say, opps, must of been a bad stick :)

you know, I really missed when they all quit and got real jobs

LOL, way back when, I remember there was a space game, but the price was unreal (even today, it would be a monster, something like 120.00) I kept looking at it and wondering if it was any good, 3 of the people who worked there, pooled there store discounts togeather so the price would be something I could buy,

game was bad, but it was one of those with alot of great ideas, that they couldn't really get to work yet, that showed up in many later great games

(still wouldn't pay 120.00 for it though)

are we there yet ? nope not yet

are we working ? yea, I think so, I got chewed out this morning, so I guess I am working em

Rocktapper -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/8/2007 6:58:32 PM)

You know I cant wait for this game to come out and it is taking its time which can be frustrating for all the punters out there. So as the saying goes "All good things come to those who wait" and its best to take ur time to do something right, than rush and release something shoddy.... in that case we will be reading endless threads complaining how bad the game is.

It is nice to have some sort of idea of when this game will be out! But at the same time we all oughta know that it cant be rushed!

tblersch -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/9/2007 2:36:28 AM)

"Part-timing is no excuse for treating potential customers like this. "

Seriously...the board has a search function, they posted a while ago "Stop asking us, it's done when it's done", you could have found that without having your thread deleted. Not searching is no excuse for treating part-time developers like this.

And yes, I'll post "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" on occasion. I hope by now they HS, harley, et al. understand it means "I'm anxious", and not "Come on, hurry the #&*^ up!"...because, it's done when it's done.

SMK-at-work -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/9/2007 5:37:57 AM)

I heard it's not so far away....like the day after tomorrow[8D]

sauro brusch -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/10/2007 2:39:25 PM)

OK, I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY THAT YOU WORKS PART-TIME, BUT IT IS ALSO TRUE THAT ON THE SITE OF MATRIX THE GAME IS "COMING SOON" FOR TWO YEARS.
WHAT DO YOU MEANS "COMING SOON", TWO YEARS? FIVE YEARS? NEVER?

Terminus -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/10/2007 3:22:42 PM)

Turn your caps lock off, it's rude to shout. And don't start that same old tired "They're never going to release this game" crap...

Justascratch -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/10/2007 10:13:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sauro

OK, I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY THAT YOU WORKS PART-TIME, BUT IT IS ALSO TRUE THAT ON THE SITE OF MATRIX THE GAME IS "COMING SOON" FOR TWO YEARS.
WHAT DO YOU MEANS "COMING SOON", TWO YEARS? FIVE YEARS? NEVER?

"There's no crying in baseball . . . There's no crying in baseball!"
Tom Hanks
A League of Their Own

tblersch -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/11/2007 5:38:48 PM)

"I'M GONNA HOLD MY BREATH UNTIL YOU FINISH IT!"

sauro brusch -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (8/13/2007 8:58:10 AM)

A PHYSICIAN RESUSCITATORTO NEEDED

Akmatov -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (9/16/2007 8:23:22 PM)

I WANT it and I WANT IT NOW!

True, but it didn't work when I was five years old either.

Matrix is operation with a different business model, one that works best with adults.

And hey, this is an opportunity to practice patience.  [>:]

sauro brusch -> RE: Hey, why was my other thread killed? (9/19/2007 4:06:38 PM)

attended penelope ulisse for twenty years![>:]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI