loading cd-cota (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Dan Henning -> loading cd-cota (8/9/2007 6:26:21 AM)

I can not load the game from the cd. There is no autorun nor can I loadit from the add program function.Windows can not find the installation file. I previously had thegame installed via digital download. I unistalled the game because I could notopen the reference manual. I could open the game.

Is there any reason why I can notinstall from the cd?

Dan Henning

sterckxe -> RE: loading cd-cota (8/9/2007 9:46:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Henning

I can not load the game from the cd. There is no autorun nor can I loadit from the add program function.Windows can not find the installation file. I previously had thegame installed via digital download. I unistalled the game because I could notopen the reference manual. I could open the game.

Is there any reason why I can notinstall from the cd?

Is that a CD you made yourself with the downloadeded installer on it or the COTA cd from the boxed edition ?

If it's the former, there's obviously no auto-run and you have to invoke the installer yourself by double-clicking on the installer exe file on the cd.

If it's the latter auto-run should work, but if it doesn't look for the installer exe on the cd and double-click it to start.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Dan Henning -> RE: loading cd-cota (8/9/2007 2:40:49 PM)

The cd is from the boxed addition. The cd is labeled 130865367 . There is not any files on the cd.

sterckxe -> RE: loading cd-cota (8/9/2007 3:54:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Henning
The cd is from the boxed addition. The cd is labeled 130865367 . There is not any files on the cd.

If there are no files on the cd it's probably a bad cd - I seem to recall there was a batch of bad cd's with HTTR - contact support@matrixgames for this.

Another approach is to simply re-download the digital version you installed earlier. There's plenty of threads in here that will tell you how to do this.

And make sure you backup the installer this time [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI