Quesion on land movement...HELP... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

donnie_1974_texas -> Quesion on land movement...HELP... (8/9/2007 9:37:36 PM)

In one of my PBEM games I have invaded Java. Can someone explain this?

1. Madioen is seized by paratroopers. About 10,000 troops are flown in in the past week.

2. Two day turns.

3. About 6 days ago Kragen is invaded by a large number of Japanese troops (including 4 divisions).

4. 12 Allied units move into Madioen from the north side of the island about 3 turns ago.

5. The units landing in Kragen march out of the port - several go to Madioen and a division goes to Soerbaja to begin bombarding.

Last turn the situation was 12 allied units in Madioen, one IJA division in Soerbaja, 3 IJA divisions in the hex just SE of Kragen marching to Madioen (45 miles progress).

This turn the combat replay showed my bombardment attack at Madioen against the 12 allied units on day 1 of the turn execution (note my 3 divisions had not arrived). No combat on day 2.

I start to enter my orders and I look at Java and notice my 3 divs have reached Madioen but the 12 allied units have now marched through Madioen in between them and Kragen - passing through all of my forces?!?!

Is this working the way it is intended or did I just encounter a bug?

[image]local://upfiles/24005/121F5B730C774497903DFB4083DE75A9.jpg[/image]

donnie_1974_texas -> RE: Quesion on land movement...HELP... (8/9/2007 9:42:44 PM)

And here is the situation 2 turns ago - note my troops moving between Kragen and Madioen...any ideas why ZOCs were ignored? I thought my blocking force in the mountains of Madioen would have stopped this move from the north of the island to the south or at least my 60,000 troops moving from Kragen to Madioen would have...

[image]local://upfiles/24005/42B0D6796481464F929ECC9F7A3964D7.jpg[/image]

Andy Mac -> RE: Quesion on land movement...HELP... (8/9/2007 10:41:52 PM)

2 day turns and railroad complicate it but it looks like a bug to me.

Firstly it should not have happened you have a contested hex at Madion and a Contested at Soebaja with a Jap hex in between.

Had you a unit on the rail hex in between when the allied movement concluded it would not have happened but your units moved out probably the same time his moved through

Your bombardment at Madion should have cancelled the allied movement unless they had Soerbaja targeted but as I said two day turns complicate it.

Its a bug basically IMO

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Quesion on land movement...HELP... (8/9/2007 11:06:35 PM)

Bombardment cancelling movement isn't the best fix either.

Andy Mac -> RE: Quesion on land movement...HELP... (8/9/2007 11:23:20 PM)

Oh im not a fan of bombardment cancelling movement !!!

donnie_1974_texas -> RE: Quesion on land movement...HELP... (8/9/2007 11:27:14 PM)

Well, the bombardment I did was not intended to cancel movement anyway. But, I simply thought that with 12,000+ troops in Madioen and 60,000 troops one hex behind them moving into Madioen that the 12 allied units would not simply be able to move into Madioen and then right through it...especially as I controlled the hex behind it for several days with at least division size strength and also have a division in Soerbaja...makes no sense. It will be really frustrating if all the allied units can march to the south of the island and hold up in the mountain airfield on the southeast tip.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI