How does the ship yard points be distributed? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

reninhat -> How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/9/2007 10:57:28 PM)

Since almost every day the ship yard points are not enough to cover all the ship construction plan.
So, which distribution order is assigned for every day ship points?

Gem35 -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/9/2007 11:10:51 PM)

each ship that is in need of repair goes through a series of "rolls" to determine if and how many repairs are made to the ship.
Repair ships and fleet HQs can help repairs made more quickly.

ny59giants -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/10/2007 2:42:40 AM)

It will start with the ships with the lowest ID #. Thus, CV's are first, then BB's, CA's, and so forth down to those with higher ID #.  If you click on a ship, in the upper left hand corner of the windo is their ID #.

MkXIV -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/10/2007 2:46:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: reninhat

Since almost every day the ship yard points are not enough to cover all the ship construction plan.

Well to quote the well known radio message to Halsey ".... the world wonders!" [8D]

Knavey -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/10/2007 4:34:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MkXIV

Well to quote the well known radio message to Halsey ".... the world wonders!" [8D]

I thought you were going to say..."TURKEY TROTS TO WATER"! [:D]

patrickl -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/10/2007 1:49:11 PM)

The shipyards don't repair the BBs like the rest of the ships. [:@] It is Oct 42 and despite having hundreds of shipyard points in most ports, I have 3 BBs each sitting in Seattle, LA and SD with no other ship in port and they are still Sys Dam at 30s.

Pat

m10bob -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/10/2007 2:15:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: patrickl

The shipyards don't repair the BBs like the rest of the ships. [:@] It is Oct 42 and despite having hundreds of shipyard points in most ports, I have 3 BBs each sitting in Seattle, LA and SD with no other ship in port and they are still Sys Dam at 30s.

Pat

Maybe the longshoremen are on strike?

patrickl -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/10/2007 2:53:37 PM)

Hi m10bob
quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: patrickl

Pat

Maybe the longshoremen are on strike?

I think the guys don't like to work on BBs. [:D] Seriously, I think it is the program code that persists this behaviour.

Pat

tsimmonds -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/10/2007 3:42:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: reninhat

I think he is asking about construction of IJN ship in the ship arrival queue, not repair yards.

I'm not sure exactly what order construction takes place in, but I have noticed that if you don't have enough points, it is the most expensive project that does not advance. For example, on day 2, if you do nothing, Yamato will not advance. I would infer from this that the least expensive projects are funded first, and if two projects have the same cost (eg. Yamato and Musashi) the one that is furthest from completion is funded first.

So, if you want Yamato to arrive on schedule, you will want to halt Shinano immediately.[;)]

scout1 -> RE: How does the ship yard points be distributed? (8/11/2007 1:25:31 AM)

AR's make a port appear bigger if I remember .... And you can take advantage of 4 in one port. Question is, do they do as much good in a size 9 port ? ie, is there some top end limit where adding a few AR's is a waste ?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

each ship that is in need of repair goes through a series of "rolls" to determine if and how many repairs are made to the ship.
Repair ships and fleet HQs can help repairs made more quickly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI