RE: What's the word????? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

rhondabrwn -> RE: What's the word????? (10/3/2007 7:14:32 AM)

Ah, I can't resist... check this pic out... no mountains here... just mesas, buttes, and desert.

This is my son hamming it up with a map and pretending to be lost [:D] It gives you an idea of how barren it is out here (but beautiful). On this exploration we didn't see another living soul for about two hours until we popped out at Forest Lakes and headed back to Pinon.

[image]local://upfiles/14190/9B06410CD6AA412FB5E52E0896720E8F.jpg[/image]

AZKGungHo -> RE: What's the word????? (10/3/2007 7:55:30 AM)

It looks like home to me!

PunkReaper -> RE: What's the word????? (10/3/2007 11:27:06 PM)

All praise to Rhonda. Now that is some job description. keep up the good work I am sure those kids really need you. [&o] [&o] [&o]

captskillet -> RE: What's the word????? (10/3/2007 11:50:03 PM)

A big ole pat on back to you Rhonda for a tough job well done..............beautiful country you're in now................NE Ariz I take it.............went thru alot of that years ago when I did the Grand Canyon & Monument Valley!!!!

rhondabrwn -> RE: What's the word????? (10/5/2007 5:48:51 AM)

Thanks Guys! [:)]

rhondabrwn -> Release it for my Birthday! (10/8/2007 10:31:55 PM)

Well, the anticipated October 7th release date as announced by NWS has come and gone, but no release.

I'm now banking on October 9th (my birthday) as I'm sure David Heath would like to celebrate with me by giving me a birthday present in honor of my 60th. [:D]

How about it David?

tbsfan -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/8/2007 11:43:09 PM)

Did I read or dream somewhere that October 10th is D-day?

captskillet -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/9/2007 1:09:19 AM)

Actually guys if you read the NWS site it says 10/07 which me thinks means Oct 2007 release not nec. Oct 7.............I think in anticipation we read too much into it!

PS.........and now I see they released Hornet Leader today so Im guessing this pushes this back a little further...........we getting treated like step children!!!!! [:'(] [;)]

tbsfan -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/9/2007 12:08:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Actually guys if you read the NWS site it says 10/07 which me thinks means Oct 2007 release not nec. Oct 7.............I think in anticipation we read too much into it!

Good point Capt.
Think, that's where I've seen the 10th mentioned.
The US ..... Month/Day/Year notation and the Euro .... Day/Month/Year notation is something that I'm always mixing up. Especially during the first twelve days of a month.

Motomouse -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/9/2007 5:32:34 PM)

The only reason they released Hornet Leader in advance, was to ease our pain while waiting for BG. [:)]
(Mission accomplished)

rhondabrwn -> Too Late! (10/10/2007 10:35:23 AM)

Well, I'm sad to say that the opportunity to release these games in honor of my birthday has now officially lapsed. [:(]

What can I say... my disappointment is palpable (isn't that a great word?).

I spent the money on two boxes of sirloin steaks instead. Very fulfilling in their own right. [:)]

Anyone else have a good release date candidate? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Any other momentous birth dates?

Halloween? [:D]

Rhetor -> RE: Too Late! (10/10/2007 10:51:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Well, I'm sad to say that the opportunity to release these games in honor of my birthday has now officially lapsed. [:(]

I spent the money on two boxes of sirloin steaks instead. Very fulfilling in their own right. [:)]

Anyone else have a good release date candidate? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Any other momentous birth dates?

Happy Birthday, Rhonda!

captskillet -> RE: What's the word????? (10/11/2007 12:35:34 AM)

Any further official word.............are we getting close or are we still at maybe October but by X-mas????[&:]

JudgeDredd -> RE: What's the word????? (10/11/2007 1:14:31 AM)

Hey Happy Birthday Rhonda...may you have many more! [:D]

rhondabrwn -> RE: What's the word????? (10/11/2007 5:51:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Hey Happy Birthday Rhonda...may you have many more! [:D]

Thanks Judge!

Actually I'm under contract to live (and teach) for another 28 years in order to pay off my student loans. The government won't let me die. [:D]

rhondabrwn -> RE: Too Late! (10/11/2007 5:53:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhetor

quote:

Happy Birthday, Rhonda!

Thank You! [sm=00001746.gif]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Too Late! (10/11/2007 9:06:31 AM)

Well, it's good to know that you have the governments backing for living!!

Zap -> RE: What's the word????? (10/11/2007 9:42:12 AM)

quote:

quote:

Thanks Judge!

Actually I'm under contract to live (and teach) for another 28 years in order to pay off my student loans. The government won't let me die. [:D]

Hi Ronda, 28 years you can make it; you'll only be 48 right?

JudgeDredd -> RE: What's the word????? (10/11/2007 4:54:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

quote:

Thanks Judge!

Hi Ronda, 28 years you can make it; you'll only be 48 right?

[sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif] [:D]

AZKGungHo -> RE: What's the word????? (10/11/2007 6:23:04 PM)

Hey Rhonda,

In 28 years you'll be younger than I am NOW!!

So hang in and have fun!

ibeam81 -> RE: What's the word????? (10/12/2007 6:05:41 AM)

Rhonda,

Thanks for sharing. Your story was pretty inspiring. Also, belated Happy Birthday wishes! Hopefully BG will show up soon.

Regards,

Mike

rhondabrwn -> RE: What's the word????? (10/12/2007 6:11:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AZ Gung Ho

Hey Rhonda,

In 28 years you'll be younger than I am NOW!!

So hang in and have fun!

WHAT? You're 88 years old? [:D]

You guys are joking right? I just turned 60!

Of course, my older brother is 72 and still teaching history at UT and intends to do so till he drops dead (hmm... must be in the genes). I figure I'll have to be good for another 10 years of teaching at least. Of course, when Social Security and my annuity from my old company kick in at 65 I'll be in decent shape financially, I think. Combined, those are more than I'm making now as a teacher!

Getting back on topic.... the Football crowd has now been appeased... I'm realizing where we are on the totem pole... which is below baseball AND football games it seems. [:(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/12/2007 5:04:29 PM)

quote:

I'm now banking on October 9th (my birthday) as I'm sure David Heath would like to celebrate with me by giving me a birthday present in honor of my 60th. [:D]

We'd love to oblige Rhonda, but it's not quite ready. It's the current top priority, so I hope that we'll be able to get it out next week or latest the week after.

Regards,

- Erik

rhondabrwn -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/12/2007 9:53:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

We'd love to oblige Rhonda, but it's not quite ready. It's the current top priority, so I hope that we'll be able to get it out next week or latest the week after.

Regards,

- Erik

That's Ok Erik, my daughter's birthday present too me hasn't arrived yet either [:(]

Thanks for the update though! [:)]

AlvinS -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/12/2007 11:21:40 PM)

My Birthday is October 19th. That will do just fine for me. [&o]

rhondabrwn -> RE: Release it for my Birthday! (10/13/2007 7:40:45 AM)

October 26th is my next payday... that works for me!

Jim Falk -> RE: What's the word????? (11/15/2007 7:06:09 PM)

Is this going to be an improved version of AOS, the original, or AOS II? Thanks![:)]

1925frank -> RE: What's the word????? (11/15/2007 10:09:50 PM)

I haven't purchased yet, so I don't know.  But the screenshot suggests it's the original AOS.  My understanding is it was just updated to be compatible with current operating systems.

Is this the thread that also addressed Battleground Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge) and whether it should be added with Battleground CW or Battleground Napoleonic Wars?  I don't believe it was added to either package.  If it were to be tossed in with any package, I would think it would fit better with the Eagle Day and Bombing the Reich games.  We're still waiting on those, aren't we?

Alex777 -> RE: What's the word????? (11/16/2007 2:17:42 AM)

<< But the screenshot suggests it's the original AOS.  My understanding is it was just updated to be compatible with current operating systems.  >>

Yep, that's what it is.

Leopejo -> RE: What's the word????? (11/16/2007 11:54:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1925frank
Is this the thread that also addressed Battleground Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge) and whether it should be added with Battleground CW or Battleground Napoleonic Wars?  I don't believe it was added to either package.  If it were to be tossed in with any package, I would think it would fit better with the Eagle Day and Bombing the Reich games.  We're still waiting on those, aren't we?

I remember seeing an ad for it when I bought the original NIR and WF back in 199X. What level was it? I mean, you can play parts of it at a tactical level in WF (units are platoons) or all the campaign at an operational level in HPS Bulge '44 (units are battalions). Where did it fall?

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI