RE: MCS User BUGS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

borsook79 -> RE: MCS User BUGS (9/18/2008 2:37:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borsook

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho
It is not the swiftest current in the stream.

Out of sheer curiosity (English not being my first language) - what do you mean by this?

It is not the most brilliant student in the class.

Jason Petho

Thanks! One learns everyday :)

junk2drive -> RE: MCS User BUGS (9/18/2008 2:51:33 PM)

Common terms are sharp, swift, bright. Lack of is therefore

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Not the sharpest pencil in the box
Not the brightest bulb on the string

dravazed -> RE: MCS User BUGS (9/20/2008 2:48:48 PM)

West Front, Ardennes Sprearhead...I unclicked my compatibility boxes, hoping it would now be Vista-friendly under 1.04.  I got a WF.exe error, as follows:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    west front.exe
Application Version:    0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:    47d60247
Fault Module Name:    west front.exe
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    47d60247
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    00029ca9
OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    164e
Additional Information 2:    f0e429002d7d4cffab11eaf5eba0046c
Additional Information 3:    4acc
Additional Information 4:    f93c20541d8153fd8968558b629963a2

I then went back and restored compatibility (this time selecting XP and disable desktop composition), got into the initial game, and got a cannot read battle file error.

That's as much as I've done with 1.04 thusfar.  Oh, I'm running Vista Home Premium, if that helps.

dravazed -> RE: MCS User BUGS (9/29/2008 1:48:56 AM)

Something I've never seen before: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). This is 5 or 6 scenarios into playing Germans in campaign, I forget which theater...but one of the ones that starts at the beginning of the war and continues on.

So...what does that exotic message mean, I wonder?

umbro -> RE: MCS User BUGS (9/30/2008 12:39:40 AM)

Dutch cyclists sound as if they are piloting Hueys...

umbro

MrRoadrunner -> RE: MCS User BUGS (9/30/2008 1:07:18 AM)

It's the baseball cards and the spokes. [8|]

RR

umbro -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/1/2008 12:09:23 AM)

If you load a loaded truck onto an LCV the unit it is carrying is unloaded first, which is great. However, the truck remains marked as loaded and may never be unloaded or loaded again.

umbro

umbro -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/1/2008 12:11:04 AM)

Organisational movement appears to be broken. The selected unit moves and all other units in the org are highlighted in turn but none of them move.

umbro

umbro -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/1/2008 12:13:04 AM)

When moving units the first hex selected by the AI movement routine is often not the cheapest hex. It seems that the algorithm chooses the first hex in the closest direction to the destination rather than the cheapest. This is most noticeable for road capable units.

umbro

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/1/2008 12:17:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: umbro

If you load a loaded truck onto an LCV the unit it is carrying is unloaded first, which is great. However, the truck remains marked as loaded and may never be unloaded or loaded again.

umbro

I don't think it was ever intended to load "loaded" units, although that is great! With exception to the issue, of course.

Jason Petho

umbro -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/1/2008 10:58:59 PM)

On dual screen monitor systems CS continues to scroll the map when the mouse is moved to the secondary monitor and the focus is changed. It should scroll normally as long as CS has focus and stop when it does not.

umbro

umbro -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/5/2008 8:50:38 PM)

Leaders require transport SPs for their Leadership rating rather than one guy.

I know some of these guys had big heads, but did it really take three trucks to carry it around?

umbro

Jay Townsend -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/11/2008 4:39:45 AM)

I just purchased this game but I don't find any Japanese vs Russian scenarios? I thought this new version had them or am I missing something?

R_TEAM -> RE: MCS User BUGS (12/20/2008 12:28:40 PM)

Hi,

found a little "Jerk" [:'(]

I install the Game on my new PC .. and he say "dont supported OS found .." ...
Strange - i have Win2003Server SP2R2 EnterpriseEdition [:D]

But i can install normal and it runs fine.

R_TEAM

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (12/22/2008 12:14:29 AM)

I suspect the "Win2003Server SP2R2 EnterpriseEdition" is the problem.  This "Server" will return a version different than what a game install program will expect.  I am glad you were able to install and run.

Chuck

R_TEAM -> RE: MCS User BUGS (12/22/2008 4:57:38 AM)

Hi,

yes - the quick testing runs fine.
And it was not the only Game that think the OS was to "old" :P
NWN get the same error on ininzilize the post-install (scanning HW/OS after the install)
but runs fine too.
INHO is the server version (have in the past Win2000Server and flawles all Games running)
a more stabel and more optimized version than the NonServer.

(if come any problem then i will write it here - but i expect none)

R-TEAM

Salemi88 -> Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (12/29/2008 12:01:25 AM)

At the end of my 45th battle, when I was about to get those precious Pz IVF2, I've got frustrated to get an error that prevent me to resume the campaign.

First I thought that was a problem with "ntl.dll" and so I replaced by another file from www.dll.com but I didn't work.

Unfortunately I don't know how to inset images in the forum, so the error is described above:

AppNam: east front.exe
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 00010f86
ModName: ntl.dll

Would you help me?

Dan K -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (2/19/2009 4:44:03 PM)

Greetings!

West Front US oob editor with pc picks give a  infantry battalion made up of 6-6-6-2-3. The transport supplied consists of 6-6-2-3. This was letting the editor pick a corps, then regiment etc.

Jason Petho -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (2/19/2009 4:51:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan K

Greetings!

West Front US oob editor with pc picks give a  infantry battalion made up of 6-6-6-2-3. The transport supplied consists of 6-6-2-3. This was letting the editor pick a corps, then regiment etc.

What year, Dan?

Jason Petho

Dan K -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (2/19/2009 9:24:57 PM)

Hi Jason,

It was actually for a battle we are making for 1945, but I went and did a quick test in the spring of '44 and got the same thing. No big deal, it would just speed the set up of a large battle. Also I noticed this in a Britsh org also. But I didn't note the details. They had a platoon without transport while the rest had universal carriers.

Jason Petho -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (2/19/2009 9:30:11 PM)

quote:

Hi Jason,

It was actually for a battle we are making for 1945, but I went and did a quick test in the spring of '44 and got the same thing. No big deal, it would just speed the set up of a large battle. Also I noticed this in a Britsh org also. But I didn't note the details. They had a platoon without transport while the rest had universal carriers.

Good to know, Dan

I'll make sure they are fixed for the next UPDATE.

Jason Petho

Dan K -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (2/19/2009 9:39:27 PM)

Thanks man! If I ever find any more how and where would you like them posted? Wasn't sure if it should go in here.

Jason Petho -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (2/19/2009 10:12:46 PM)

quote:

Thanks man! If I ever find any more how and where would you like them posted? Wasn't sure if it should go in here.

Here is as good as place as any!

Jason Petho

Dan K -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (9/3/2009 4:38:44 PM)

West Front US T89 HMC error.

Playing a 1945 scenario and the 2d normal view shows a truck towing a utility trailer (? maybe, but it is a truck) while the T83 GMC shows a nice SP gun icon. Perhaps the T89 should use the same icon.

Also the British Archer icon is in reverse with the direction traveled.

Both no big deals, just FYI [:)]

Dan K -> RE: Eastfront DCG Campaign Error (10/18/2009 6:36:18 PM)

Soviet Guards SMG plt. 2d view show spg icon and 5d view, NATO symbol is off center.
(April 1945)

MaseratiMike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (12/21/2009 4:55:42 AM)

For some reason all of a sudden playing either East, West or Rising sun a white flash occurs constantly whenever you try to scroll the map.

I am running Vista 64 bit, Nvidia GTX 260M 1GB, 4GB ram. I was thinking it could be an update thing, and started to update, and tried the game again and it fixed itself. Now it is glitching again after I fixed it. When it was working today, the task bar stayed at the bottom of the screen. It worked just fine up until recently. The only major changes Ive made since it worked was Vista SP 2 (I think).

Rifleman -> RE: MCS User BUGS (12/21/2009 12:37:52 PM)

Mike,

perhaps this thread can help you.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1508097

Regards

MaseratiMike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (12/21/2009 2:19:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rifleman

Mike,

perhaps this thread can help you.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1508097

Regards

Excellent! Thanks a million

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: MCS User BUGS (2/2/2010 5:13:30 AM)

Playtesting Bart's 3rd PzDiv scenario files....

hmm...in playing with Armor Facing Rules "ON", I noticed the Stalin Line Fortifications melt like butter when taking fire...

The reason is Front, Sides, and Rear values are set to "0"....

ChadG

torpoint -> RE: MCS User BUGS (2/13/2010 9:11:06 PM)

Hi Jason,

I'm playtesting a scenario in WF. There are transport ships loaded with various troops.
Problem found is that the transport ships cannot sail into shallow water so, there is nowhere the troops can be unloaded!
Transport ships cannot move into shallow water, ships cannot unload in deep water?
Think we have a bug here?
regards
Peter

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI