Air units in winter attacks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

Greenmachine -> Air units in winter attacks (8/13/2007 11:26:49 PM)

What negative modifiers do air units get in winter attacks? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

christian brown -> RE: Air units in winter attacks (8/14/2007 5:16:04 AM)

I really don't recall there ever being any.........should there be?

MrQuiet -> RE: Air units in winter attacks (8/14/2007 5:51:05 AM)

No negetive modifiers for air attacking in winter/ cold region.
Actually no negitive modifiers for any unit attacking cold region.
But the defenders do get the positive modifier for defending a cold region, not sure why air gets it.

Greenmachine -> RE: Air units in winter attacks (8/15/2007 12:28:21 AM)

Thanks for the reply.

That does seem strange to me considering how realistic this game is at least from a grand scale point of view. Is there a reason for this? Airpower in those days was very much affected by winter weather.

Maybe in a future patch some negitave modifiers could be applied to air units attacking in winter turns or by reducing their range.

Greenmachine -> RE: Air units in winter attacks (8/16/2007 9:58:37 PM)

Another thing I was thinking about would be air units would suffer a small negative modifier to their die rolls if attacking in cold weather regions during winter turns, air units in non cold regions in winter turns would not be effected by this.

I'm not here to criticize the game, its one of my favorites, just thinking of some ways to improve realism.

Forwarn45 -> RE: Air units in winter attacks (8/16/2007 10:25:54 PM)

The game does provide a de facto modifier by increasing the defense (evasion) of units attacked by air in cold regions - this even includes infastructure - so attacks on rail, factories, and resources are all effectively penalized.

The main exception is bombing airfields as planes on the ground always have a set evasion value. I would like to see that changed so they too would get the bonus evasion (and the extra bonus for Russian winter).

Greenmachine -> RE: Air units in winter attacks (8/16/2007 10:57:51 PM)

Is this modifier for defending units in effect during non winter turns too? I guess its time to go back to the manual.

WanderingHead -> RE: Air units in winter attacks (8/17/2007 8:34:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Forwarn45

The game does provide a de facto modifier by increasing the defense (evasion) of units attacked by air in cold regions - this even includes infastructure - so attacks on rail, factories, and resources are all effectively penalized.

The main exception is bombing airfields as planes on the ground always have a set evasion value. I would like to see that changed so they too would get the bonus evasion (and the extra bonus for Russian winter).

I think some inequities may have snuck in where combat rules changed. Everything that caused an evasion modifier is now weakened or bypassed in the case of air-to-airfield and suppression fire. For example, if I am not mistaken then out-of-supply hardly makes a difference in the case of suppression fire.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI