Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

nunezs -> Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/15/2007 7:59:50 PM)

Hi. I'm having two problems. First, I run XP with 1000mb Ram.
When the game initially loads and I want to play a game, I must exit the game by pushing the windoms button, this unjams the game and lets me get to the initial stu up screen. Then when I choose my options, I have to do that again in order for the game to play. Any solutions?

Second: the pace of the game is very slow. Is there anyway to pick up the pace of the animations. Seriously boring watching my brigades move on the advanced battle screen. I've been playing one battle for about 45 minutes and haven't had any significant contact with the enemy. I just want to speed up the rate at which the brigades move on the screen once I choose their orders. Any solutions?

Thanks for any help.

ericbabe -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/15/2007 9:20:49 PM)

I'm not sure what you're describing exactly when you are setting up the game.  Are you saying that when you press "Setup Local Game" the game locks up until you switch tasks out then back into FOF?  This may mean that (somehow...) the setup window is popping up behind the main screen.  I've never seen this happen with the setup screen, though we did have this problem with a couple other screens during beta testing.  If this is the case, we are giving the right command to Windows to put the setup screen on top, but something must be preventing this from happening.  Are you running any background processes that modify Windows in any way, such as a plugin for Task Manager or a replacement for the Alt-Tab manager?

Second issue: yes, just shut off walking animations in the advanced menu in detailed combat, that saves a lot of time.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/15/2007 9:24:48 PM)

Hi Nunezs,

Could you post a DxDiag file please so that we can get a better idea of your system specs?

Regards,

- Erik

nunezs -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/15/2007 10:04:01 PM)

Hi. Thanks for the quick response. As per issue #1, I think that is what is happening as you described it. The person below wants a copy of the DxDiag file. I"m not sure how to do that exactly. Can someone help me with that?

As per issue #2, thanks. Easy fix. I didn't see that tab I guess.

ericbabe -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/15/2007 11:13:47 PM)

Here's a description of the procedure for taking a DxDiag:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1312401

nunezs -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/16/2007 12:57:53 AM)

Here is the file. Thank you again.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/16/2007 3:29:50 AM)

Definitely try updating your video and audio drivers too, as they are from 2005 and 2004, respectively. It may help with performance.

Gil R. -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/16/2007 3:45:35 AM)

quote:

Second: the pace of the game is very slow. Is there anyway to pick up the pace of the animations. Seriously boring watching my brigades move on the advanced battle screen. I've been playing one battle for about 45 minutes and haven't had any significant contact with the enemy. I just want to speed up the rate at which the brigades move on the screen once I choose their orders. Any solutions?

Also, if it takes you so long to find the enemy it must be because you chose "Far Start" in the options menu. "Near Start" gets you into the fighting much more quickly, though you've got less time to set up.

cesteman -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/16/2007 7:04:42 PM)

Another option that helped me was to run disk cleaner and disk fragment. My game was running very slow until I ran my monthly update. Cheers.

nunezs -> RE: Loading prob and slow pace to brigade movement (8/20/2007 12:59:10 AM)

Hello everyone. Okay, I defraged the hard drive, I've updated the audio and video drivers and I'm still having problems with loading and unloading. As a reminder, this is what happens:
1. I double click on the icon and the main menu loads
2. I click "play" on the main menu
3. game switches screens...I'm now on the screen with the load progress at the bottom of the screen and the "quote" at the top/middle of the screen
4. the game will stop its progress at this point even though the load bar is fully loaded...I have to exit to the "windows" screen before the game will then progress to the "load" screen to start a new game or load an old game.
5. I can then "load" my saved game or start a new game, but in order for the game to progress I once again have to exit to the "windows" screen. Finally, the game will play.

Lastly, when I want to leave the game, it will literally take 5 minutes to exit and I often get a "windows" error.

Can anyone help me here. These performance issues definitely take away alot of the fun here. Thanks again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI