building and moving factories (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

mek42 -> building and moving factories (8/16/2007 1:23:09 AM)

If a factory is moved into a captured area does said factory count as a captured factory as far as troop production (lack of) and production modifier?

I couldn't find an answer to this in the manual pdf and the physical shipment isn't here yet.

christian brown -> RE: building and moving factories (8/16/2007 1:59:56 AM)

Anytime production occurs outside of a national area (perfect example, S France when it goes Vichy), the population of said territory cannot be used by the factory nor can population points from the home national area be imported there for the purpose of building units. Though I am not certain where or even if, this topic is covered by the rules, it is highly likely that no matter where the factory came from, it will be set to x1 production value when placed in a region not of it's own nationality (flag). Here is a polite suggestion, try this yourself playing all nations, use the 1942 scenario, retreat some germans somewhere and then move a russian factory into that vacant spot, then report your finding here. This one happens to be so odd it probably isn't covered in the manual and you may well find something terribly interesting by testing it out for everyone else. I look forward to hearing your result!

MrQuiet -> RE: building and moving factories (8/16/2007 2:37:40 AM)

You can not move a factory out of its home nation.

mek42 -> RE: building and moving factories (8/16/2007 4:01:32 AM)

Thanks for the quick replies.  Now that I think of it, I had tried to move the factory from Manchuria one unit south but got an illegal move.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI