Auto Generation of Names (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

EricCatchpole -> Auto Generation of Names (8/16/2007 10:31:52 PM)

Is it possible to change the list of first names Puresim uses to generate fictional players? I have a couple of nieces who like baseball and ask why they never allow womens leagues in games? (They just saw "A league of their own" for the first time). I would like to be able to replace all the male first names with female names. Is there a file? What is it's name? What woud I need to edit it? Thank-you

Bustoff -> RE: Auto Generation of Names (8/16/2007 11:41:54 PM)

I don't see this in the database, so I would have to assume it's hard-coded into the program. Shaun, is this correct?

It's easy enough to change player names manually...I do this all the time, and I have to confess I have women--including my wife--on a couple of my teams. It might get tedious if you are changing dozens or hundreds. [:(] If you are fielding teams of women, remember there's no crying in baseball! [;)]

puresimmer -> RE: Auto Generation of Names (8/18/2007 8:58:01 PM)

Its all built into the database.

The names along with probabilities and an associated lookup/hash table make it not something I would suggest editing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI