RE: MCS User WISHLIST (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

MrRoadrunner -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (3/23/2015 5:16:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ArmyEsq

Wow. If you like, look up the definition of wish list.

As for scale, adding another location to a hex doesn't impact time and distance ratios and therefore, scale is not affected. But I suspect you don't really care about English or ratio or scale. You just want to chill this forum and discourage others with an opinion different from yours.

Finally, my dear, don't be so hostile to those who play ASL. They too might add value to our beloved CS.

No, Sir.

I know what wish lists are. Look what it has done to American football. Or schools. Or politics.

I am not hostile. I am expressing my wishlist. Simply, do not add or change the game with stupid stuff that someone might want, because they asked for it, or liked it in another game.
I think it might be more safe to say that you are the hostile one? I have addressed points that have been made. I have asked that scale always come first. You, though, seem to think that directly attacking me for my opinion is Okey Dokey?
And, to add enlightenment to my comments about ASL/Advanced ASL, I've only asked that ASL be made into a great computer game that people like you can enjoy.

Good day. Good gaming. [:)]

RR

James Ward -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (3/23/2015 7:54:51 PM)

Regarding the wish list hopefully some of these things can be added as optional rules, able to be turned on and off as desired. It's not like the game is broken or sucks as it is. It's pretty damn good. But some of the ideas look interesting enough that I wouldn't mind trying them, provided I could turn them off if I wanted.

kool_kat -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (3/24/2015 12:31:52 AM)

Gents: [8D]

Lots of interesting ideas!

MrRoadrunner -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (3/25/2015 12:37:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward
Regarding the wish list hopefully some of these things can be added as optional rules, able to be turned on and off as desired. It's not like the game is broken or sucks as it is. It's pretty damn good. But some of the ideas look interesting enough that I wouldn't mind trying them, provided I could turn them off if I wanted.

Some of the stuff that has been brought up is OK.
Others are not worth opening Pandora's Box for.

Things that rile me are the "dead bodies" left on the map. Why not add dead animals too? Play Close Assault or Para 101.
Medics or Medical units that affect morale. Play Candy Land or Shoots and Ladders. [;)]

How about airplanes doing a victory roll, before they exit the map, if they hit anything but a wagon or truck? [:D]

There are things that I like that are being added (in case anyone thinks I do not want them to add anything).
Extending map elevations is a great idea. Map shading and other graphics really enhances the look. New labels without the white background are more modern looking. And, the Large toolbar buttons.

I do like the thought of Nato symbols and/or Panzer Blitz/Leader counter art. Though I play very little in 2-d.

RR

James Ward -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (3/25/2015 2:25:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward

Some of the stuff that has been brought up is OK.
Others are not worth opening Pandora's Box for.

Well it is certainly up to those who are still supporting the game what they want to add and what they don't. I make no claim of knowing anything about how hard and time consuming it is to modify the game and what can and can't be done.
If changes can be turned on and off at will then anything that can be added could be worth something to someone. I use some of the optional rules all the time, others only sometimes and some never. I'm sure other people play it different. That is the beauty of them.

dgk196 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (5/23/2015 5:54:09 AM)

Hello....

It looks like its been awhile since this thread is receiving responses, but here goes.

I would like the 'objectives' of the two 'sides' to be invisible to each other. Part of defending or attacking is trying to figure out
where the other guy is headed, or not. I mean how many commanders had a detailed map of the enemies objectives, and could therefor surmise the attack plan of the enemy forces.
I'm sure there where a lot of instances where that little piece of information would have come in handy to the field commanders.

Also, relative to that, I would like to see variable victory points and alternate objectives, in a scenario. Have a 'Plan A' or 'Plan B' and so on.
This would alter the play of scenarios so that there where not situations where the players would know these because of having played them before.

Dennis

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (5/23/2015 6:58:17 AM)

Great idea, Dennis!

Jason Petho

MausMan2 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (5/23/2015 2:52:29 PM)

I can agree with points on both sides of that discussion about urban elevation. I do believe if within the 250m area, your platoon has access to a grain silo/water tower/minaret/bell tower, that while it may not get additional defensive points, it would provide additional visibility. But that creates the problem where you want to prevent a player from using all its direct fire at that higher lever, while at the same time, allowing him to use that advantage to call indirect fire.

Deepstuff3725 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/4/2015 1:31:31 AM)

New to Campaign Series and I really impressed with the game.

Wondering if the Aircraft capabilities could be enhanced in the future to include dogfighting? Realize the game is more focused on ground warfare, but this would be fun.
Not sure of the naval warfare limitations as of now, but the manual described ships to be of limited use. Could we see some improvements here so we could have naval warfare? More variety of ships, perhaps aircraft carriers able to launch planes?

Like the suggestion where each player would have their own objectives not known to the other player. I've played a board game that has this feature. Perhaps a long with that have an objective, or objectives, that have point values hidden to both players?

Thanks to everyone working on this game. I've played quite a few war games and I really this one.... Covers all theaters, tons of scenarios, huge database of units all with individual ratings. The random scenario creator is awesome.

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/4/2015 1:41:33 AM)

Welcome aboard, Jeff!

We continue to support the Campaign Series, with a new very significant UPDATE coming near the end of 2016. We are presently working on a new game for the series, Middle East, which covers the conflicts of the region between 1948 and 1982.

Don't forget to ensure you are updated to the 2.02 UPDATE, which you can find here: 2.02 DOWNLOAD LINK. You just need the 2.02 UPDATE, as they are cumulative.

Thank you for adding to the wishlist.

Jason Petho

Deepstuff3725 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/4/2015 1:47:52 AM)

One more optional feature, if it has not been suggested already:

How about adding a "variable ending" option. For example, a scenario could last 15 turns, and then a player can select the number of extra turns with a certain probability of continuing. This way a scenario won't always end on a certain turn.
The probability of continuing could be set as a percentage for each "extra turn" of a scenario. If they were all set at 75%, for example, then after the 15th turn then the battle continues with a 75% chance for each turn from this point.

This way players will not know for sure when the battle will end, and it brings in some unpredictability to a scenario. Also maybe more replay value, since some battles will end right away while others will go on much longer.

Jeff

Deepstuff3725 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/4/2015 1:52:43 AM)

Thanks, happy to be here.
Yep, I had got the patch installed for 2.02 already. Thanks.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to any updates. :)

Jeff

Deepstuff3725 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/21/2015 1:57:13 PM)

Any plans on adding additional aircraft into the game?

I setup a massive random battle with the Germans attacking the French in Sept 1939. Edited the OOB to get all kinds of tanks added on both sides, but not seeing hardly any aircraft units that can be added. I got the German bomber added and in turn 1 flew over and took out a French unit with it, so it works.

Checking later years in the OOB I didn't find more planes. Would like to see P51's, Corsairs, Spitfires, Focke Wulfs, Messerschmitts, Zeros, etc. And bombers like B17s.

The OOB list for each country for this game is pretty incredible. The list of ground forces to choose from is very extensive and accurate for each nation, and for any date you want to select.

Any chance we could see more aircraft added in the 2016 update?

Thanks... Jeff

MrRoadrunner -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/21/2015 2:43:00 PM)

I would not want to see hidden objectives. Or, variable objectives. Though, that is up to the scenario designer. Players can switch off objective hexes if they want.
But, objectives are usually what tactics are based on?

I would not want to see dog fighting, it is six minute turns. It is a ground based game and aircraft were always more abstract.

I definitely would object to variable turn endings. That would so unbalance many scenarios.

RR

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/21/2015 4:59:15 PM)

quote:

But, objectives are usually what tactics are based on?

Victory Points are what tactics are based off of, in my humble opinion. How many points does one need to achieve a victory and then what are the steps needed to get those points. They may, or may not, involve capturing the victory locations.

That being the case, there are high value victory point value units available in the OOB's that can be used instead of victory locations. I used these for one of the scenarios that will be available in Middle East. I put some low objective locations on the map, but it will be up to the player to hunt around for the high value units in order to gain the victory.

Jason Petho

BazookaBob -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/30/2015 3:25:53 PM)

Hi! New to the boards. Looking to invest in the Campaign series. I have the old stuff. Sorry! One item if it has not been done already. When playing the Operation Barbarossa (dynamic campaigns) as the Russians, being upgraded to Guards status with the benefits would be nice.

Warhorse -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (6/30/2015 8:31:46 PM)

Hey man, welcome aboard!!

SIPRES -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (7/26/2015 5:05:30 AM)

Hello,

I am a new member on the forum
I use to play West Front and then EF and RS in early 2000's. I was positively amazed that WF RS EF is still surviving and under moding and upgrade.

Here is my wishlist (sorry if some items had maybe discussed/requested before)

NEW NATIONS:

- New nations for what if scenario (Turkey/Sweden/Swiss)
- New nations Commonwealth as separate nations (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa) OOB still with british equipment

GAME PLAY:

- Allow to destroy full hex bridge (by engineer unit but also by Artillery fire or bomber attack)
- Improve naval AI if possible (so far I couldnt manage to make AI Naval unit even moving)
- increase visibility for scout unit only (Recon planes)
- change building hex to rubbles after "heavy bombardement" during scenario play. (maybe a percentage to turn building to rubble against Artillery caliber/firepower)

New unit type
- engineer/vehicule to build full hex pontoon bridge

about EDITOR's:

MAP edit:

- More choice for graphics than the usual 6 items (special buildings,village, suburb, cities, pillboxes ect..).
This could help to make really nice maps
- Allow industrial building on desert map (graphic is currently available "Des-Terrain3d.bmp", but i cannot select on map editor
- improve if possible graphic aspect on more than 3 elevations difference hexes (eg from 0 to 4).

OOB edit:

- Copy/Paste function for OOB editor (instead of append function)

SCN edit:

- possibility to create simple "events" in scenario editor (eg: capturing a particular Obj hex can leads to reinforcement trigger)
- Giving order to AI HQ's (Attack, defend, hold position, move to a particular Hex area). This should improve AI behavior.
I think AI is currently only taking care of Obj values, and sometimes in a strange way

Thats "all" for the momment

Thx again to all members for game improvement

Christophe

wings7 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (7/26/2015 12:21:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

Hello,

I am a new member on the forum
I use to play West Front and then EF and RS in early 2000's. I was positively amazed that WF RS EF is still surviving and under moding and upgrade.

Here is my wishlist (sorry if some items had maybe discussed/requested before)

NEW NATIONS:

- New nations for what if scenario (Turkey/Sweden/Swiss)
- New nations Commonwealth as separate nations (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa) OOB still with british equipment

GAME PLAY:

- Allow to destroy full hex bridge (by engineer unit but also by Artillery fire or bomber attack)
- Improve naval AI if possible (so far I couldnt manage to make AI Naval unit even moving)
- increase visibility for scout unit only (Recon planes)
- change building hex to rubbles after "heavy bombardement" during scenario play. (maybe a percentage to turn building to rubble against Artillery caliber/firepower)

New unit type
- engineer/vehicule to build full hex pontoon bridge

about EDITOR's:

MAP edit:

- More choice for graphics than the usual 6 items (special buildings,village, suburb, cities, pillboxes ect..).
This could help to make really nice maps
- Allow industrial building on desert map (graphic is currently available "Des-Terrain3d.bmp", but i cannot select on map editor
- improve if possible graphic aspect on more than 3 elevations difference hexes (eg from 0 to 4).

OOB edit:

- Copy/Paste function for OOB editor (instead of append function)

SCN edit:

- possibility to create simple "events" in scenario editor (eg: capturing a particular Obj hex can leads to reinforcement trigger)
- Giving order to AI HQ's (Attack, defend, hold position, move to a particular Hex area). This should improve AI behavior.
I think AI is currently only taking care of Obj values, and sometimes in a strange way

Thats "all" for the momment

Thx again to all members for game improvement

Christophe

Some great suggestions! Welcome back to the Campaign Series! It's still alive and well! [:)]

Patrick

SIPRES -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (8/3/2015 8:51:45 PM)

Hello,

Just few adders:

WF Unit:
Add recon plane for Italy (Meridionali Ro37 Lince). I think graphic file is already available as a fighter
Maybe also Potez 63.11 recce for vichy France.
Fusilier Marins (Marine Infantry)for France (1940) and Free France.
Add Naval battleships for Vichy France

OOB Editor:
Drag and Drop instead of the current U/D and L/R arrows would be really good.

AI:
I notice a tendency from AI Field artillery to spot my recon planes, wich make no sense and leave my infantry unit progressing without any threat.

I have seen on previous post that next update is expected around end of 2016.

Is there already some rough listing available about next upgrade content?

I know i am maybe a little bit impatient but this game is so good.

rgds

Christophe

Deepstuff3725 -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/6/2015 8:31:06 PM)

Really enjoy version 2.02...

Like some others have mentioned, it would be great to have more options to select from as far as houses and buildings. Would like to see more options for factories and urban areas. This could allow users to create even cooler maps. For instance, maybe a few train station options with multiple train tracks running through a single hex then spreading out across the map.

Could a terrain editor be made where players can create and upload terrain hexes for CS?

Jeff

Crossroads -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/7/2015 4:19:18 AM)

That is a neat idea.

Currently, there's for instance six variants of city hexes, six buildings, six industrial buildings. You can mod those as such to replace with orher types of content.

Jafele -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/10/2015 7:21:39 PM)

I´d like to see higher assault values for assault guns(the stug has an assault value of only 2). Basically they were designed for assaults.

Crossroads -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/10/2015 7:50:12 PM)

You know you can alter the assault values yourself, vs AI only though.

Jafele -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/10/2015 7:57:27 PM)

No, I didn´t know. Thanks for the info [:)]

Crossroads -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/11/2015 6:14:21 AM)

Here's a little write up for adding or modifying existing units and then deploying them under the -NoEncryption option: LINK

I do recommend you take the few minutes to put the files you want to modify under the MODS folder and enable them using JSGME.

Any question perhaps post in the Dev Diary thread, so information is not lost. Happy to help, there's nothing like watching your own little special units entering the map [:)]

Jafele -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/11/2015 10:58:06 AM)

Wow! Thanks again. [&o] I´m really loving this game.

Jafele -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/13/2015 7:24:00 PM)

Two more wishes: [:D]

1-Sometimes it´s difficult to see where an unit is facing (due to smoke, tanks destroyed, etc.), furthermore my screen is 1920X1080. What a about some kind of red dot (or blink dot) in the base of the unit and in the info box?. In John Tiller games there is a red arrow in 2D maps indicating where the unit is facing.

2-At the end of the battle I´d like to see casualties produced by every unit (like in Combat Mission).

Jafele -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/22/2015 11:17:06 AM)

-A hotkey to "hold" assault results info box. Enabling High details is the only way to "hold" the box, but on the other hand you cannot enable high details with extreme fog of war.

-A new type of FOW: You can see your casualties in combat but not those taken by the enemy.

-A complete random map generator. Similar to "Combat Mission: Barbarrosa to Berlin" or "Advanced Tactics Gold".

Bigeard -> RE: MCS User WISHLIST (9/29/2015 5:11:02 PM)

Would it be possible to be able to see the organization tree of units that are being transported by vehicles belonging to other organizations ?

Example: In a current PBEM, I have an artillery battalion that has a motorized battalion HQ, but the guns themselves were dependent on wagons and horses. In order to speed movement up, I used trucks from another division to transport the guns. Of course, when I select 'Highlight Organization' ( hotkey Z ) the trucks show their parent organization ( the other division), and not that of the guns they are transporting.

Is there any way this can be changed, so that you can highlight the truck's parent organization, and then their 'cargoes' parent organization if that is different ?

Or can you do that already, and I have just missed it ?

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI