RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Paul Vebber -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/24/2007 4:09:15 PM)

Two of the three champions have been crowned! In the Classic League, the Vikings let me down big time, while Chris Cooley hit paydirt to seal the deal for Drunken Armadillos, our 2007 Classic League Champion! 63-56

In the Hall of Fame League, despite being down 256-235, Sophisitcats look to be in good shape to surge back with Phillip Rivers and the playmaking San DIego D in tonight Monday night game. The San Diego D has averaged over 40 per game the last 4 weeks - Rivers far less, but between the two it would be a miracle to score less than the 21 point difference! We have to wait for it to go official, but Vinney has got to be lickin his chops!

In the Pro League my 4 (FOUR) injuries loom exceedingly large as after Defensive stats were reviewed the 30 point difference narrowed to only 12!! Congrats to Barbarians for a great win!

Spring Training starts in just a couple months, and we will be running our three Baseball leagues, Classic, Weekly, and Pro giving you more chances to win those games you've been drooling over!

Drunken Armadillos and Barbarians, please email me at Paulv@matrixgames.com and I will coordinate getting you your choice of game download. Again, this was a year that took a lot of twists and turns and demonstrated yet again what can happen on "any given Sunday"

See you for Baseball, or next football season!

nelmsm1 -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/24/2007 4:33:42 PM)

Cooley got a score but I almost screwed up royally by benching Dallas Clark as I didn't think he would get too many snaps in a meaningless game for the Colts.  I almost cried when I saw he got two TD passes.

Paul Vebber -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/24/2007 9:18:02 PM)

Well you and me both as I picked up Stecker and then left him on MY bench [8|]

Mad Cow -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/24/2007 10:40:14 PM)

I like my chances, but Rivers could cost me points. He might not play long either since the game is pretty much meaningless for SD. 

Mad Cow -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/25/2007 5:33:39 AM)

Still the 4th quarter to go, but baring a miracle, I have won the Hall of Fame league!  :)

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/26/2007 11:21:35 PM)

Nice summaries Veb. Thanks for running the league. I was indeed done in by a blizzard although Derek Anderson did carry me through several games. Not bad as a third stringer at the start of the season.

Who coached Drunken Armadillos and Ferrisville Ironmen in the classic league?

Paul Vebber -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/27/2007 12:25:25 AM)

Mark Nelms was the Classic winner with Drunken Armadillos and Jeff Norton coached Ferrisville Ironmen.

Congrats to Vinny and his Sophisticats.

chadandpia -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/27/2007 11:25:09 PM)

Hey everyone,

This was such fun leagues to be involved with. I loved seeing that everybody stayed active no matter what their record was unlike a lot of past leagues that I've been a part of.

Can't wait for next season ... especially since I won't be having to go through open heart surgery again (well at least not until like 15 - 20 years when the valve needs to be replace....lol).

Now to go and try to figure out Empire in Arms .. bought it, read manual, still lost... ;-)

see ya in next year's league hopefully.

-Chad

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/28/2007 1:54:50 AM)

Thanks for running it again Paul, I had a lot of fun. Was it just me or did this year seemed far more bizarre than the last in terms of injuries and player performances?

I look forward to playing again next year!

Poolmick -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/28/2007 6:57:48 AM)

Thanks Paul.

I just got lucky these last couple of weeks. Brady in the snow/rain/wind(week before).  You with some unfortunate injuries.

Had fun, also have less hair.

E-mail sent.

Paul Vebber -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/28/2007 6:33:01 PM)

This indeed was a weird year = NOBODY seemed to be consistent week to week - and those few that were crashed and burned at the end! Matchups seemed to mean nothing, and guys came out no where each week to have HUGE games. It even carried over to Defense where the "top 10 over the last three weeks" changed out routinely. Guys who were injury prone like Fred Taylor stayed strong as iron men fell by the wayside.

It kept things exciting all season as there was always that doubt - even with the weaker teams - that a couple or three of their guys would catch fire that week while yours had a drought. Especially in the point heavy leagues!

I feel really lucky to have gotten 2 seconds and a 4th place finish this year. Especially after I missed the draft in the PRo league and had to play with a team of free agants and still got to the championship!

Arctic Blast -> RE: Matrix Fantasy Football Time! (12/29/2007 1:19:11 AM)

Really enjoyed it this year, and will certainly be back next season. :)

the sheer number of 'out of nowhere' kinds of players this season was insane. Ryan Grant, Derek Anderson, Shaun McDonald...a whole bunch of players expected to be roster filler.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI