Disk #2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Target -> Disk #2 (9/9/2000 11:13:00 PM)

Is there Disk#2 in patch to ver 4.0 ??? I dowloaded 4.0 patch, but it has 131 MB [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] so when i trying to install this installer ask me for disk#2 Please help me i don't want to download this huge file again [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] Target

Paul Vebber -> (9/9/2000 11:20:00 PM)

The "disk 2 error" means you did not get the whole file - it should be 136MB (143000KB). IF you used a download manager try to resume. Otherwise you will have to download again. This happens sometimes...the interenet is still not completely reliable when it comes to huge files like this...

SgK -> (9/9/2000 11:31:00 PM)

>Otherwise you will have to download again. >This happens sometimes...the interenet is >still not completely reliable when it comes >to huge files like this... It is not always neccesary to start over even if you didnt use a resume capable ftp progam. In most ftp and "Download Accelerators" there are an Rollback option for files so you can resume some Kb's back to get rid of garbage.

Peregrine Falcon -> (9/10/2000 12:58:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: The "disk 2 error" means you did not get the whole file - it should be 136MB (143000KB). IF you used a download manager try to resume. Otherwise you will have to download again. This happens sometimes...the interenet is still not completely reliable when it comes to huge files like this...
I hate to complain about things when I'm posting first time here - (Hi everybody, Bill etc.) But why this huge patch has to be single EXE? Why not three separate +40mb ZIP-files? That should get rid of these problems concerning "internet reliability" It would make things much easier if you have to download something like 40 mb again instead of full 136 mb (if something goes really wrong) Kinda makes sense - Does it? Well - I'm lucky. Friend has T1-line at work so he can get this patch for me. But not everyone are so lucky... Modems are slow. I should know. I own one...... [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/mad.gif[/img]

David Heath -> (9/10/2000 3:06:00 AM)

Its really does not make sense. If you use Get Right as we suggust, and the download gets cut off. Its no biggie just go back select the file again and it will pick up were you left off. Now that is much more easier then spliting the files etc.... David

Wild Bill -> (9/10/2000 5:59:00 AM)

The one file is an install file. If the files were to go separate it would create even more confusion as many people would probably not load them properly. Now you don't have to worry about. The program self-installs. And it does it perfectly. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Dave R -> (9/10/2000 6:24:00 AM)

Even as I'm writing this my old modom is chugging away! Got 42% and still got a few hours to wait! Was dropped by the server once, but Getright picked it up again after a few attempts and started from where it got dropped, It's slow guys. But we know it will be worth it!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI