the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Big Bang -> the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/26/2007 12:47:33 AM)

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/communityandforums/empire.html&nav=/en/6/8/

This will be real gaming pleasure,

dpstafford -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/26/2007 12:59:36 AM)

RTS??? Real Total, er, a, Crap......

kyle_napoleon -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/26/2007 3:49:59 AM)

Being an owner of all TW titles, I will be adding this title to my collection. It looks exciting and fun. I am sure the graphics will be outstanding and the game play challenging.

yammahoper -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/26/2007 7:07:07 AM)

I have no need or desire for yet another RTS game of any sort.  I have had all I can stand of the excessive micromanagement required.

Of course, every game designer seems to think RTS is the only way to go, so here I am, patiently waiting, for a nice turn based game.

yamma

Mark Breed -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/26/2007 9:38:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com

I have no need or desire for yet another RTS game of any sort.  I have had all I can stand of the excessive micromanagement required.

Of course, every game designer seems to think RTS is the only way to go, so here I am, patiently waiting, for a nice turn based game.

yamma

I with you on that! In fact, I find it weird that people want to play RTS where they have to be five or more people (a commander and S-1 through S-4) rolled into one and doing it all in real-time. I need the time to figure out all of the details. I guess I am just slow that way.

Mark

Big Bang -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/26/2007 6:41:57 PM)

for those to slow or fighting with Parkinson, soon there will be
http://www.napoleons-campaigns.com/index.en.html# , i think it will release before EiH ,

hlj -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/27/2007 4:21:21 PM)

Ill wait for EiAnw. It has nothing to do with being to slow to play a real-time strategy game. It has all to do with love for a boardgame. I am having a hard time finding 6 other players who have time to play the boardgame with me. I am hoping to reexperience some of the joy I had playing the bordgame. And I think EiAnw is the only way to go. ^_^

Big Bang -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/27/2007 8:32:44 PM)

Yes I agree, it is not easy finding 6 other players, I had the luck playing every week with 6 friends, i think the pc version will not be true to the real game. From what i have read on this forum, it seems like some group of EiH infiltrators/lobbyists have taken over.
I and most of my fellow players regret they did not make a pc version of the game.

PunkReaper -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/27/2007 10:23:36 PM)

EiH????[&:]

PunkReaper -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/27/2007 10:28:01 PM)

quote:

Ill wait for EiAnw. It has nothing to do with being to slow to play a real-time strategy game. It has all to do with love for a boardgame. I am having a hard time finding 6 other players who have time to play the boardgame with me. I am hoping to reexperience some of the joy I had playing the bordgame. And I think EiAnw is the only way to go. ^_^

Also have you tried War! Age of Imperialism. I too prefer the feel of a boardgame played on computer when there is no-one around to play, than the numerous rts games around. Have you any other board games on computer that you enjoy?

YohanTM2 -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/28/2007 2:03:23 AM)

do a search of the threads, EiH is mods of the original EiA by 3rd parties.

nukkxx5058 -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/28/2007 1:52:41 PM)

No RTS for me . No way. I hate that ... I want something as close as possible to old board games ;-)

Big Bang -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/28/2007 9:37:46 PM)

quote:

Have you any other board games on computer that you enjoy?

The pc version of the Star Fleet Battles ( Star Trek ) games was to my opinion a good conversion of a board game.

YohanTM2 -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/29/2007 1:56:38 PM)

Who made this Big Bang?

I never saw it, was it PBEM play?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Bang

quote:

Have you any other board games on computer that you enjoy?

The pc version of the Star Fleet Battles ( Star Trek ) games was to my opinion a good conversion of a board game.

PDiFolco -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/29/2007 5:09:50 PM)

Do you mean StarFleet Command (I to III) ? It was done by Taldren studio - they closed doors 2 yrs ago or so- and it was distributed by Interplay.
And it was a quite nice game series, there's still an active community and numerous mods over the web.

Big Bang -> RE: the long wait will soon be over, after this who needs EiHA ? Eat you're hart out Matrix. (8/30/2007 7:41:15 PM)

Yes I meant those, There are several pc games out theere that stay true to the original concept, just sad that it will not be the case for this game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI