RE: TOAW 3.2 Beta Available (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Legun -> RE: TOAW 3.2 Beta Available (9/20/2007 6:43:51 AM)

Hi, I'm back after a while...
Great news with the patch, but I have a problem when I'm trying toh download it. When I'm in the "Registered Downloads" window, click "register" and enter my serial number, nothing happens [:(]. When I click the link "NK'sTOAWIII", I'm in the general page of the game[&:]. Could somebody help me?

secadegas -> RE: TOAW 3.2 Beta Available (9/26/2007 6:06:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sekadegas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamiam
Okay, thanks for the feedback. Incidentally, what desktop resolution are you using? I use a 1680x1050 resolution so my map area is rather large. With fairly tightly grouped formations, the map jump is rather minimal for me. I do, however, have a high tolerance for motion. I understand that for a smaller resolution, and more spread out formations, where the map jumps would be proportionally larger, they might very well be more irritating. Especially if one has a high susceptability for motion-sickness.

I use 2 resolutions, the smallest beeing 1280x1024, so i don't think that's the problem.

The problem is this new feature doesn't make much sense...

- The selected unit, if you can't find it (!?), can be centered if you click it on the unit panel. So you always had that funtion( if you really need it...). This new centering of the unit by default when using the next button is completely redundant.

- In certain ocasions the new jumping map turns the micromanagement impossible. How many times you need to have a "steady" map to get a "group picture" of some units (i.e. broken down units). If you have a big map and few units the new feature is a really PITA.

I have more than 5 years of intensive experience with this game. Intensive means playing almost every day. Most of the upgrading done by this team was really appreciated. Some new features i just don't use because i don't need/like them (the supporting range of the units on the previous patch, this "new" huge map, etc) but they don't interfere with me.

However this "unit centering" is really killing my enjoying with this game.

It'll be an option in 3.3.

I suppose i'll have to wait for next patch... [:(]

Telumar -> RE: TOAW 3.2 Beta Available (9/26/2007 7:08:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Legun

Hi, I'm back after a while...
Great news with the patch, but I have a problem when I'm trying toh download it. When I'm in the "Registered Downloads" window, click "register" and enter my serial number, nothing happens [:(]. When I click the link "NK'sTOAWIII", I'm in the general page of the game[&:]. Could somebody help me?

It's been six days since your post, if it didn't work in the meantime try this link - no need to go to the members area:

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=317

Karri -> RE: TOAW 3.2 Beta Available (9/26/2007 10:01:40 PM)

The newest patch slows the game incredibly much. For example when going through a stack, you can't just click-click-click like I used to, but there are for some reason short pauses(like 1-2 seconds at max). It's very annoying.

Telumar -> RE: TOAW 3.2 Beta Available (9/27/2007 11:31:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

The newest patch slows the game incredibly much. For example when going through a stack, you can't just click-click-click like I used to, but there are for some reason short pauses(like 1-2 seconds at max). It's very annoying.

Yeah, it loves RAM..or better it eats RAM like Artillery supply... No problems on my newer machine, but on my older PC it ran several times out of RAM, window style menues (right click on units etc..) were no more available and i had to end other running applications (antivir, firewall) to free up some RAM to be able to save...okay this machine is really weak in its system stats, but it's TOAW..hey..just some bitmap graphics and mathematics..

EDIT: Talking about the BETA and the official patch.

Karri -> RE: TOAW 3.2 Beta Available (9/27/2007 3:59:08 PM)

Thing being, this is not an old computer.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI