Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

FlashfyreSP -> Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 8:13:21 AM)

ATTENTION! OOB PATCH REQUIRED

Some class issues in the German OOB, and some AI formations were not optimized for gameplay. Links for each OOB patch are here:

Enhanced DV OOB70: http://www.mediafire.com/?dgpdjltzx4l
Enhanced DVRN OOB70: http://www.mediafire.com/?6m3mkvlyhmd

vahauser -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 10:11:52 AM)

FlashFyre,

I think this is a good approach.  Small, incremental patches.  No muss.  No fuss.

Alby -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 4:50:56 PM)

whats the class issues??
[&:]

FlashfyreSP -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 5:23:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

whats the class issues??
[&:]

Panzer IIIs classed as Light Tank makes them "recon troops", increasing their Spotting ability. Only the Pz I and II models should be considered "scouting" units. The PzIII and Pz35/38 models were the "main battle tanks" until about 1942, when the up-gunned PzIVs appeared.

Alby -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 6:20:45 PM)

Ummmm....I would change this patch, this change of class now creates One double formation in DVRN with same exact units in them now in the German OOB...with also some 'unclickable' formations.
[:(]
I sent you email.

m10bob -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 7:26:43 PM)

I also appreciate incremental patches..Thank you, sir!

FlashfyreSP -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 8:26:47 PM)

Will have to reissue the patch....further investigation has revealed additional problems, mainly with the Panzer Kp formations being set to "platoon" type not "company". There are no problems with duplicate formations; the "Panzer" formations are actually "light panzer" units, while the "Med Panzer" formations are the "main battle tank" types, which do include everything form Pz35/38s to Panthers. However, this was to maximize the formations allowed to be displayed on the Purchase screen. The "Panzer" formations should disappear at the beginning of 1944, when the PzII Luchs "Recon Tank" comes into being, and it has its own formation. Will be reissuing the patch later today, further correcting these gameplay issues.

Alby -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 8:49:16 PM)

sent you another email...
[:D]

Looks like those last files you sent fixed the problems.
[:)]

FlashfyreSP -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 10:32:03 PM)

Corrected patch files linked above. 

Alby -> RE: Germany OOB Patch for DV and DVRN (9/3/2007 11:11:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

Corrected patch files linked above. 

Also one new German Infantry unit was added, but can only be found in a certain formation, see if you can find it..
[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI