French Rail Network Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support

seaforth7 -> French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 6:06:39 AM)

I've run into this several times now, when I have British Corps in Brest and I try to move it to the front line using French strategic movement it appears to let me do it fine in my movement phase but when I get the play results back from PBEM the units have not been moved? Anyone else run into this one?

cheers[:)]

SMK-at-work -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 6:31:50 AM)

Has the hex you were trying to move to been captured in the mean time?

seaforth7 -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 3:33:56 PM)

No, still Entente controlled. This has happened several times, can never decide if I should march to the front or keep trying strategic. Has it got anything to do with it being a British force in France? I haven't seen it happen with French corps.

2gaulle -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 4:09:08 PM)

I have notice that one time when I have try to move british unit on French one

SteveD64 -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 4:33:10 PM)

i have noticed this as well.  Trying to move a British stack from Dunkirk into Belgium worked fine during orders but didn't work during resolution.

I've had some other things happen like that with the new patch- Turks in Baghdad were to rail to Basra area, strategic movement worked during orders phase but the units stayed in place during resolution.  Took two impulses before they actually moved. Weirdly I was able to rail the artillery unit to the same hex with no problem- but the infantry unit was stuck in Baghdad.

Joel Rauber -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 5:32:58 PM)

I noticed this as well for a Brit. Strategic move from Brest to the front lines.

However it was trying to move into a contested hex, is it possible that overstacking prevented it?

FrankHunter -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 6:23:37 PM)

Since I'm just wrapping up some fixes to naval, if you guys have saved games where this repeats I'd like to look at them.  If the reason is valid I'll try to explain it better and if it isn't I'll fix it.

fhunter@telus.net

FrankHunter -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/5/2007 6:25:53 PM)

For the record, you can't rail move into a contested hex nor an overstacked hex.  (You can end up overstacked due to rail movement but that's a slightly different case).

ojnab_bob -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/6/2007 5:55:11 PM)

This has happened to me with British and particularly American units in France - it lets you move them during the orders phase. but then they are still sitting in Brest or wherever after the resolution phase.  It seems to happen more often with American units than with British.

James Ward -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/7/2007 5:30:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CLEVELAND

i have noticed this as well.  Trying to move a British stack from Dunkirk into Belgium worked fine during orders but didn't work during resolution.

I've had it happen also.

hjaco -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/7/2007 5:50:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CLEVELAND

i have noticed this as well. Trying to move a British stack from Dunkirk into Belgium worked fine during orders but didn't work during resolution.

I've had some other things happen like that with the new patch- Turks in Baghdad were to rail to Basra area, strategic movement worked during orders phase but the units stayed in place during resolution. Took two impulses before they actually moved. Weirdly I was able to rail the artillery unit to the same hex with no problem- but the infantry unit was stuck in Baghdad.

I can confirm both.

With regards to the turks and in general there is a tendency in the game to strategic movement not being carried out if the target hex is empty and next to an enemy unit at moment of conclusion. Therefore i always choose a target hex 2 hexes away from an enemy unit.

About moving British through France i have notices that this apparently cost rail movement from both Britain as well as France. If you try to use more "French" rail movement than remaining the British unit in question can still be put in the target hex i.e. the move is not instantly canceled as the case would be with a French unit using strategic movement in France. I think the move will not be carried out because there are no more French rail movement available when that time comes [;)]

esteban -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/10/2007 6:23:49 PM)

I just had this happen as well.  I have noticed during the movement plotting phase that British units that arrived in French ports seem to alternate between using British and French strategic movement points.  So I think that this might have something to do with the unit plotting its movement using British strategic movement points, then when the movement needs to be done it checks against the French strategic movement allowance and finds that no points have been set aside out of the French budget to move the unit--so it doesnt move. 

But yes, I have had this happen and it is pretty annoying when you are trying to reinforce the French.

FrankHunter -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (9/10/2007 10:47:24 PM)

I have fixed this rail problem.  The 1.2 patch will include it.

seaforth7 -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (1/19/2008 8:48:53 PM)

Unfortunately I'm still seeing a problem with this, not with the British but with the Americans. Running 1.2 and trying to transfer US forces from Brest to the front, it appears to be very hit or miss, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, even when I place the unit behind the front line. Anyone else seeing this?

BootyJoe -> RE: French Rail Network Problem (1/27/2008 2:39:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: seaforth7

Unfortunately I'm still seeing a problem with this, not with the British but with the Americans. Running 1.2 and trying to transfer US forces from Brest to the front, it appears to be very hit or miss, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, even when I place the unit behind the front line. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes I am unable to strategically redeploy German corps. During the orders phase everything seem fine and it looks like the units are being moved, rail capacity are being deducted etc. BUT later, after the orders phase, it turns out that the units have not moved at all[:(]. This is a real game killer bug. I run 1.21 - any chance this bug is not present in 1.20?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI