HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

HPM1958 -> HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 2:03:56 AM)

After having read so many good things about MATRIX I purchased AMERICAN CIVIL WAR. I LOADED IT and got to the screen that said please insert your serial number from validation documentation.

Other than the manual there was no OTHER documentation provided. I spent the last 45 minutes trying to even find a mention of this in "how to load" or anywhere in the manual. NOTHING. I tried entering the serial number from the CD.

Does not work.

I tried calling Matrix games customer service; their response "Call AMAZON" they sold it to you.

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?

This apparently is the only forum for help- but I hold out little hope since this is run by GAMERS who I cannot imagine will be able to supply the serial number for my game...but perhaps I am wrong.

Is there something seriously wrong with a company that
a) provides little support
b) Who's customer call center basically told me to drop dead and call AMAZON??

It looks like a great game- or perhaps this is just a $ 40 lesson for me in dealing with a relatively new and underfunded company...

Any thoughts

HPM

Terminus -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 2:14:32 AM)

Well, I only own a single Matrix game on CD, but there, the serial number was printed very clearly on the disc.

Matrix is actually one of the most supportive companies around, and this forum is most certainly not "run by gamers". I'd suggest you drop the attitude and send a PM directly to Erik Rutins.

jchastain -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 2:48:52 AM)

Out of curiosity, I went out to Amazon and I can't find that they sell "American Civil War - The Blue and the Gray".  I do see where they carry the 2006 History Channel branded Activision title "American Civil War" and the 2005 "American Civil War: Gettysburg" title from 2K Games.  Not to doubt you, but are you sure you bought the right product?

I was curious whether it was distributed by Matrix or whether AGEOD did their own physical distribution.  But I do not see this game on Amazon from any source.  Can you provide a link to where you bought this game from Amazon? 

Joram -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 5:24:45 PM)

I didn't know Matrix even had a customer support line!

sterckxe -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 5:46:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

Neither has the Torrent he got the software from [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Erik Rutins -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 6:15:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HPM1958
I tried calling Matrix games customer service; their response "Call AMAZON" they sold it to you.

We definitely did not tell you that. My guess is you called the online store, which is run by Digital River. Since you didn't buy it from the online store, they should have told you to talk to us but apparently they screwed up again.

Our support address is support@matrixgames.com

If you purchased this as a boxed copy via Amazon, there should be a serial number on the CD in roughly this format:

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

You have to enter it, complete with dashes, when asked.

Regards,

- Erik

Terminus -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 9:24:42 PM)

DR seems to have fumbled the ball several times over the last few weeks...

Terminus -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 9:26:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

Neither has the Torrent he got the software from [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

It would seem odd that the Torrent doesn't include a crack...

Hertston -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 9:47:01 PM)

Amazon where?  I can't see it for sale at amazon.com either.  And as far as I can see the Euro store retail version (not distributed by Matrix) hasn't even been released yet. 

Are you sure you are talking about the same game as the rest of us, HPM? 

Terminus -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/8/2007 9:51:51 PM)

AGEOD has been selling it directly for quite a while... But it certainly isn't on Amazon...

Hertston -> RE: HELP LACK OF SUPPORT (9/9/2007 2:11:19 AM)

Ah.. light dawns, I think.

Erik, does the Matrix version use the standard Matrix installer? I bought the game DD from AGEOD, which has a different installer, a different format of serial number from the Matrix standard - and DOES mention "validation documentation".

I don't think, however he obtained it, HPM1958 has the Matrix version of the game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI