What music are you listening to now? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Gem35 -> What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 6:48:40 AM)

Cold, one of my all-time favorite bands.
13 ways to bleed on stage.
A Different kind of Pain
Year of the Spider
Self-titled

ilovestrategy -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 7:37:25 AM)

"Peaches" by the Presidents of the United States of America.

goodwoodrw -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 11:15:20 AM)

Dunno what it is, but when things are a little quiet on the board, it just seems to show. [:D]

Neilster -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 1:00:44 PM)

Well mate, I prefer peace and quiet to the recent rancour.

Having said that, I'm listening to some hard Psy-trance, getting pumped up to go out [:'(]

I'm watching the Collingwood play Sydney in the footy too. Unbelievable 3 point win by Hawthorn over Adelaide in the 1st Elimination Final today. "Buddy" Franklin icing the game from 50 metres on the angle. Class under pressure. [8D]

Also tonight, the Cowboys and the Bulldogs in the NRL...Australia vs Japan in the Rugby World Cup. As Roy and HG would say, "Another weekend where too much sport is barely enough!" [:D]

Cheers, Neilster

Arctic Blast -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 3:01:21 PM)

It's sort of a guitar rock period for me right now. So, Black Label Society, the Black Keys, and the new Velvet Revolver and Ben Harper. Also, the new Ryan Adams and Talib Kweli, for something a little different.

Neilster -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 3:24:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

It's sort of a guitar rock period for me right now. So, Black Label Society, the Black Keys, and the new Velvet Revolver and Ben Harper. Also, the new Ryan Adams and Talib Kweli, for something a little different.

BLS is pretty full-on but I'm an old metal-head so that's cool. My Mum used to refuse to wash my Slayer t-shirts. [:D]

Cheers, Neilster

ravinhood -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 5:42:02 PM)

I'm listening to the best music ever made....Country from the 60's & early 70's. ;) Yore cheatin Harrrt weel tell on uuuuuuuuuuu.

Neilster -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 5:48:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I'm listening to the best music ever made....Country from the 60's & early 70's. ;) Yore cheatin Harrrt weel tell on uuuuuuuuuuu.

"We've got both kinds: Country AND Western!". Blues Brothers [:D]

Cheers, Neilster

sprior -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 6:17:56 PM)

Listening to India/England game on Radio 5 Live.

PunkReaper -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 7:47:18 PM)

Bob Dylan.....Bob Dylan and more Bob Dylan[&o][&o]

mack2 -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 8:35:09 PM)

http://www.last.fm/user/MackTheKnifeAU2/

Sex PistolsAnarchy in the UK
cossssssssssss iiiiiii wannnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa beeee anarchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

KG Erwin -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 8:55:57 PM)

The Gunny's mix of musical tastes is eclectic, to say the least. One moment I might be jamming to my favorites (The Rolling Stones), but the next might find me enjoying the astonishing vocal talent of the late Pavarotti (Nessun Dorma is just transcendent).

Throw in some classic Johnny Cash or Bob Marley or even Enya and you'll get a sampling of the KG party mix. In other words, I'm all over the musical map.

sprior -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 8:59:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

The Gunny's mix of musical tastes is eclectic, to say the least. One moment I might be jamming to my favorites (The Rolling Stones), but the next might find me enjoying the astonishing vocal talent of the late Pavarotti (Nessun Dorma is just transcendent).

Throw in some classic Johnny Cash or Bob Marley or even Enya and you'll get a sampling of the KG party mix. In other words, I'm all over the musical map.

Nessun Dorma no more

I'm all over the map too. Been listening to Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and Neal Morse recently. Also started on the Aubrey/Maturin series on CD too during my commute.

KG Erwin -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 9:04:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mack2

http://www.last.fm/user/MackTheKnifeAU2/

Sex PistolsAnarchy in the UK
cossssssssssss iiiiiii wannnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa beeee anarchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The Sex Pistols were cool, but I prefer an originator of what later became known as "punk rock" : Iggy and the Stooges ("The Stooges", "Funhouse" & "Raw Power").

The original Stooges (minus the late Dave Alexander) reunited in 2003 and are still touring. Several live performances can be found on You Tube. A classic rendition of "No Fun", with Iggy inviting the audience onstage, is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZYPriCxvoI

ravinhood -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 9:18:19 PM)

I also like to listen to Enigma when I'm playing wargames. I swear I think Medieval Total War uses some of their work. At times I like to listen to Yanni as well. I remember when it was nothing but rock n roll in my teens and then one day I woke up from that bad dream. ;) Now of course I mean hard rock rock n roll. I still like soft rock like Pink Floyd and Moody Blues. But, I never got into Steppin Wolfe or that group that sang I AM IRON MAN dang can't remember their names. lol Wasn't Ozzie osborne a member of it? lol I think hard rock is a waste of energy and breath kinda like I do 99.9% of all Rapp. But, to each their own. So, I'll leave you with "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to, Cry if I want to" lol

shunwick -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 9:33:20 PM)

Kashmir - Led Zepplin.

Best wishes,

KG Erwin -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 9:46:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I also like to listen to Enigma when I'm playing wargames. I swear I think Medieval Total War uses some of their work. At times I like to listen to Yanni as well. I remember when it was nothing but rock n roll in my teens and then one day I woke up from that bad dream. ;) Now of course I mean hard rock rock n roll. I still like soft rock like Pink Floyd and Moody Blues. But, I never got into Steppin Wolfe or that group that sang I AM IRON MAN dang can't remember their names. lol Wasn't Ozzie osborne a member of it? lol I think hard rock is a waste of energy and breath kinda like I do 99.9% of all Rapp. But, to each their own. So, I'll leave you with "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to, Cry if I want to" lol

So, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and the like never appealed to you? I suppose my teenage angst needed to be expressed through hard rock and early punk.

As many of you know, I played in bands for many years, starting when I was a senior in high school. The rock n roll attitude has shaped much of my life, but it remains an inner struggle with the ingrained value system of my parents, which was conservative and conventional.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 10:45:04 PM)

Been listening to Reverend, formerly Metal Church. They're probably on Social Security by now lol. Going to be playing Evanescence...just bought $400 tickets for my 13 year old Daughter for her excellent academic skills[:)]. We have similar tastes...who knows, i might even like them. My Daughter has turned me on to Flyleaf, Otep, Hatebreed, Slipknot, Drowning Pool and Crisis to name a few. She got AC/DC, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath(& Ozzy), Testament, Megadeth and Metallica from me[sm=Cool-049.gif]. The "Batch", Choppin' and Bee-Toven went over her head[;)].

Jevhaddah -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/8/2007 11:48:25 PM)

Mmmm Let see.... Hawkwind, The Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Enigma, Druid and lotsa Trancy floaty offy stuff from Jean Michelle Wossname and Vangelis... to name but a few.

It really depends on what I am doing at the time.  If I am doing graphics work then its Trancy Floaty Offy, Programming its The Moody Blues / Pink Floyd and if I am wargaming its a random choice though I try to keep it upbeat as I know I am gong to lose what ever battle I am fighting and it helps balance out the come down [:D]

Cheers

Jev

TheHellPatrol -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 12:25:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Trancy floaty offy stuff from Jean Michelle Wossname

Jarre...awesome music. Oxygene and Equinox are superb when one is in a "Trancy floaty" mood[;)].

Monkeys Brain -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 12:57:27 AM)

[/quote]

The Sex Pistols were cool, but I prefer an originator of what later became known as "punk rock" : Iggy and the Stooges ("The Stooges", "Funhouse" & "Raw Power").

The original Stooges (minus the late Dave Alexander) reunited in 2003 and are still touring. Several live performances can be found on You Tube. A classic rendition of "No Fun", with Iggy inviting the audience onstage, is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZYPriCxvoI

[/quote]

Iggy Pop is great... I have met him in person on 28.08. after the show...

[:D]

KG Erwin -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 1:18:45 AM)

A musical treat for you guys -- the Rolling Stones at Wembley Sept 9, 1973. Think you know these guys? Think again -- this live performance of "Gimme Shelter" is glorious. Check it out: http://www.sendspace.com/file/aqfdpl

Erik Rutins -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 4:24:18 AM)

Listening to Blue Man Group and Rush's latest Snakes and Arrows.

Regards,

- Erik

cdbeck -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 4:57:06 AM)

[image]http://www.marbletea.com/images/MISC/ad_tobias_blue_myself.jpg[/image]

For some reason Erik, this is all I could think of when I read your post. [:D] (It is from Arrested Development, and that is the incomparable comedian David Cross).

I'm listening to Grateful Dead, Colin Hay, Meat Loaf, and Ben Folds a lot these days. And of course, Tenacious D!

[sm=Cool-049.gif] LONG LIVE THE D!

SoM

Gem35 -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 6:05:44 AM)

hmmm, Limp Bizkit sounds good about now....
freakin' me out you wear a mask called counterfeit, you're freakin' me out you wear a mask....[;)]

David Heath -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 9:06:08 AM)

I am listen to MxPx - Secret Weapon,  Relent K and  Thousand Foot Krutch

Adam Parker -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 10:03:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

I am listen to MxPx - Secret Weapon,  Relent K and  Thousand Foot Krutch

Man, I get excited finding out about "new music" this way. Some of the best CD's I have came from recommendations like this. Awesome taste there David. I'll look to pick up RK's "Five Score and Seven Years Ago" and TFK's "The Flame in All of Us" at my earliest. I've been previewing them on line for the past half hour and I'm loving what I hear!

Cheers!
Adam.

David Heath -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 10:32:51 AM)

Adam the one of the best CD for RK is Mmm and from TFK is Phenomenon.  If you like some punk sounding band check out MxPx they are great.  I took my kids to see them 2 months ago.  We plan to see TFK and RK in Oct and Nov.

Arctic Blast -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 1:30:45 PM)

quote:

I love The Stooges (not only have they reunited, but they recently released a new album, as well. I haven't picked it up yet, but it's been pretty well received in most reviews, and Iggy can still bring it)! Anyone who can sit perfectly still while listening to Search and Destroy is already dead. [:D]

cdbeck -> RE: What music are you listening to now? (9/9/2007 4:51:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

I am listen to MxPx - Secret Weapon, Relient K and Thousand Foot Krutch

David, I did a quick i-Tunes search and found Relient K was the band that sung the sort of "main song" in a particularly wacky Veggie Tales were they were pirates (Pirates who don't do anything is the title). I remember a wacky night when all us grad students got together and watched that, because we had gone mad. Good song though!

SoM

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI