Scenario 15 DM's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Menser -> Scenario 15 DM's (9/11/2007 5:23:30 AM)

Is there any particular reason that Gamble class DM's cannot be given an ASW mission? I find it very odd since they are armed with depth charges... but they do not show up in the task force que for ASW TF's.

Feinder -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/11/2007 3:31:29 PM)

The game is coded such that only certain types of ships, may be put into each type of TF.  Example, you can't put a CV into a transport TF, and you can't put a AK into an air-compat TF.  The same is probably true of ASW TFs, you just not allowed to put DMs into them (the fact that they actually have DCs on them become irrelevant).

You'd have to do a test to see whether they actually use them.  You could put them into a transport TF as the only ASW ships, and seef if they attack an interloping sub.  They might, because they have DCs.  Then again, they might not, because the game may be coded that only specific types (maybe excluding DM) will actually -attack- a submarine.

-F-

cantona2 -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/11/2007 3:33:52 PM)

You can in CHS

Terminus -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/11/2007 3:54:55 PM)

And in stock. Not sure what's gone wrong here...

Menser -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/12/2007 5:12:04 AM)

Well I'm using the latest patch ..... Against AI Jap Scenario 15. Was just setting up a new game and was setting up ASW TF's to harass those pesky subs left around PH .... Could make a group of MSW's into a couple TF's and some Desrons .....even a couple PG's that had the capability ....but not any of the DM's . All the DM's had Op points ...could even make em into a Minelay TF..... Just seemed strange to me. I'm running on XP. P3.4 w/2 gigs ram. 7800gs all with latest drivers .....installed on an E: drive if that makes any diff ......maybe a coding issue ...or could be an install issue? ....can someone try the first turn, Jap normal AI historic, All detail on, 1 day turns and see if they have the same?

Terminus -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/12/2007 12:57:45 PM)

I withdraw my previous comment (sorry about that one, Menser); the DM's truly do not show up when selecting for ASW TF's. They should, but they don't...[&:]

Barb -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/12/2007 3:00:26 PM)

I am playing BigB mod and my DMs also cant be selected into ASW TF. I dont know if it is BUG or WAD.

Rainer -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/12/2007 10:58:24 PM)

Confirmed.
Scen 15, Allied vs. AI, Rel 1.806. Game Date Dec 44.
Creating a new TF (ASW) 10 DMs in this port don't show up, neither can DMs be added to an ASW TF afterwards.
DMs in a TF (Surface) prevent this TF to be changed to ASW.
Either an oversight or a deliberate decision by the designers.

Terminus -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/12/2007 11:04:30 PM)

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the thinking has simply been that ML's and DM's should be shoved into the same mission types.

Menser -> RE: Scenario 15 DM's (9/12/2007 11:24:55 PM)

Ah well, maybe something for the next patch. .......guess I'll have to get the boys in the PH shipyard to remove them racks to make room for more mines ....after they are done refloating them battleships of course. [:'(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI