Combat Reports Differing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

velkro -> Combat Reports Differing (9/17/2007 10:47:36 PM)

In my game, I'm the Allied playa. When I run the auto turn that the Japanese player sends me, both the grafix and the newly generated report differ greatly from what the combat report that the Japenese player sends me says.

For instance, the 'txt' file he sent me showed a no air battles over Guadalcanal and that later on "Port Moresby captured".

When I ran the turn, there was a HUGE air battle over Guadalcanal, and it didn't show PM being captured. When I uploaded the turn file, PM was captured and there was no evidence of any air battles over Guadalcanal.

Does anyone know what's up with that?

John

bradfordkay -> RE: Combat Reports Differing (9/17/2007 10:53:43 PM)

It is well known as the "Synch" bug. Others here can tell you more about how to fix it and avoid it as best as possible. I've only seen it a couple of times. Be glad that your Japanese opponent sends you his combat report. That is the one you want to trust...

rubisco -> RE: Combat Reports Differing (9/17/2007 10:55:11 PM)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1149856

Mistmatz -> RE: Combat Reports Differing (9/17/2007 11:05:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rubisco

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1149856

The summary given in teh link above worked like a charm in my current game with 1.806, so it should help you too. Good luck. [:)]

VSWG -> RE: Combat Reports Differing (9/17/2007 11:16:54 PM)

6 minutes until the bug was identified, 8 minutes until the solution was posted.

This forum is good... [:D]

Nomad -> RE: Combat Reports Differing (9/17/2007 11:31:51 PM)

John, see if your opponent will let the combat run without using the escape button. There is unconfirmed rumors that using the escape button will cause this.

velkro -> RE: Combat Reports Differing (9/18/2007 12:53:21 AM)

Thank you all for your quick replies!
John

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI