help with Privateers Bounty while waiting? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

UdiHrant -> help with Privateers Bounty while waiting? (9/21/2007 6:57:57 PM)

I picked this up for 10 bucks - it's called Privateer's Bounty AOS II. DOes anyone know if any patches exist for this. It just freezes up in XP so far.

ibeam81 -> RE: help with Privateers Bounty while waiting? (9/21/2007 7:18:11 PM)

Yes a patch is available. Try here:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/pc/age-of-sail-ii-privateers-bounty/file-325517

UdiHrant -> RE: help with Privateers Bounty while waiting? (9/24/2007 6:02:11 PM)

Thanks Ibeam - I tried that but I still freeze up as soon as I go into any scenareo. Must be a graphics thing. My NVidea drivers are probably TOO new for this game or something. Do you know of any age-of-sail type games that DO work? I can't beleive no-one has made a good TACTICAL, top-down game that would be realistic instead of all of these arcadish click-fest messes...

Joe D. -> RE: help with Privateers Bounty while waiting? (9/24/2007 8:00:40 PM)

If you go to the AoS official site, you will find that you must run PB under retro compatibility; it think it will run as Win '98. It will not run as Win XP.

augustus -> RE: help with Privateers Bounty while waiting? (9/25/2007 2:34:05 AM)

It's not just a compatability thing. I tried to turn up the screen resolution, but it wouldn't let me start a scenario or let me into the editor. I was able to play the game at the default resolution, and I suppose you could experiment with it, to see if you could move up one or two levels. All I tried was maxing out the resolution, and when that didn't work I left it in default and that worked.

Johnus -> RE: help with Privateers Bounty while waiting? (11/6/2007 6:02:52 AM)

UdiHrant:

There is one patch at the Akella site.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI