Seasoned Allied player wanted - CHS -closed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted

Snip -> Seasoned Allied player wanted - CHS -closed (9/25/2007 12:16:03 AM)

Gents,

just to re-introduce myself. Been playing WitP from release - AI and PBM - on and off. Abstained from it for about a year. Lost my old account info with this board. Agreed to play a PBM against a very experienced player - and got my sore ass handed over to me during my "restart".
I think, I learned a lot anyway.

I am located in Germany - can do a turn most of the week (unless important R/L stuff gets in the way, which does happen), I tend to be slow on weekends. (GF MK XXVII ). I do prefer playing an opponent with some time zone off-set. Nothing beats, checking e-mails with a first mug of coffee in the morning, check the resolution and start the repsonse with a second cup.

I only care to play an AB Game (latest patches, maps etc), prefer scen 155.

My suggestions for "house rules" are of course both open for discussion and ammendents.
However, I do not care for artificial "operational" or "stratetical" limits - like: no Japanese Invasions west or north of Sing, till the place is taken. I expect an opponent to know how to effect his operational goals without "special" rules.

House rules suggestions:

Sub Doctrines = off
FOW = on
Allied damage control = on
Hist 1st turn = no
PDU = on
Vary Setup = off
Dec 7 surprise = on
Reinforcements = historical
Auto sub ops = off
Expand at start = off
Automatic upgrades = off
Accept replacements = off
Turn cycle = 1

1. The allied player on turn 1 will not enter ANY orders to simulate the Japanese achieving total surprise. The two exceptions to this rule are;
a. New orders can be given to the CV task forces at sea.
b. The Chinese can be given orders (as they are already at war vs. Japan).
However, they cannot be ordered to move towards Burma or given a target outside China till turn 2.
Basically the Japanese players sends their opening turn, the allied player loads it up, moves the CVs and Chinese and sends it straight back.
2. For the Japanese player, all first turn landings need to be in range of long range cap of Jap fighters (land based), for example: Java, Sumatra, Timor, and Sulawesi are NOT OK. Philippines, Borneo etc. are OK. Szenario defined (historic) landings outside this limit are fine. But not mandatory.
3. Only one Japanese port attack on turn 1 - except KB going for PH - optional.
4. Air or ground units belonging to the Kwangtung, China, or India commands may not leave their areas unless PP's are spent to change their command. China command (Japanese and Allied allready in China units are free to move "east"). A few Kwantung units are in china command at the start. Those few (4 mongolian divs) may be used as if part of china command. Allied China units must pay PPs going outside china to the north, west or south. Except the units in or assigned to Burma Command at the start.
5. The Japanese are not allowed to enter the Panama and Aden passages. In addition no Japanese units allowed within 4 hexes of the exits from the Aden and Panama passages.
6. No Allied 4 engined bombers allowed on Naval Attack below 10000 ft
7. No 2 engine Bomber units allowed to upgrade to 4 engine bombers as the allies. Skip bombing with 2E Bombers is not allowed before January 43 (or a historic date. Bismark Sea Battle)
8. PT Boats: PT boats can only be in a TF by themselves. Max PT TF 8. Max number of PTs in one hex 16. PTs out of fuel need to reach a port or need to refuel from a TF within two days - or get scuttled.
9. No more than 6 ships in an ASW TF.
10. Limit of two AA units per hex once they leave their start base. No mass flak bases
11. Stacking limit of 50 planes per airfield level. (not counting float planes/amphibs)
12. No submarine Invasions - unless specialized landing forces are carried - raiders etc.
13. Amphibious invasions must be at a dot or base. No empty coast hexes can be landed on.
14. Parachute invasions must be at a dot or base. No empty hexes can be landed on.
15. Japanese subs cannot change/upgrade their scout planes.
16. No "lingering" of subs in enemy ports from size three upwards.
17. Deliberate para drops on enemy units behind the lines are not allowed.
18. Deliberate naval "suicide" attacks of small units (DDs etc) on enemy capital ship formations are not allowed - exception PTs. Some allied players like this, knowing the respawn rules are working in their favour. However, this may happen at times.
19. Japanse "light" air units (DBs etc) may not be upgraded beyond "Lilies" or their upgrades.
20. No Corsairs on aliied CVs of any description - except for ferrying - till 1/44.
21. Mine laying by AC is restricted to night operations.
22. Russia is neutral till activated (attack, time, points in kwantung). Allied units entering russian border will be "interned". Japanese player will "activate" Russia at least 1 month prior to invasion.
23. Capital ships (Light Cruisers onward) cannot replenish from ports smaller than three. DDs/DMS/DML etc not from smaller than 2. Unless support ships (AO/AE) and similar are in the same port.
24. Some sort of "stacking rule" of LCUs on Atols and isolated jungle bases needs to be figured out.

I know there are very little limits within the game. Each player has his own "pet moves" or "special tatctics" - or comes up with some, when things get tough.
Those are the things which may bother the opponent quite a bit. That is the point where "gamey" or "not historical" issues come up.
Asking first - or be ready to discuss issues - in case of doubt is considered mandatory.

Both sides can call a "foul" if need be. The move stands, but the same thing may not be repeated if aggreed upon.

I am happy to pass on my game, in case RL issues get to much in the way.

Save games:
We should use two slots. One for the allied one for the Japanese player. Save Games are serialized like name1_mame2-Jap/All-00001.* etc. Move number should be included in the e-mail header as well.
In case of technical issues or bugs, moves can be reverted, till the issue is solved. Bugs reported in the Forums do not count.

Let me know, what ya think

Cheers
Snip

wolffpack -> RE: Seasoned Allied player wanted - CHS (9/25/2007 1:43:50 AM)

pm sent. You can also email me at wolffpack464@gmail.com

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI