multi cpu? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

freeboy -> multi cpu? (9/28/2007 2:38:22 AM)

I saw a referende to this in the readme for the new patch, does it use two four cpus if avail?

a side note one of the change points on flanking talks about non adjacent hexes, which are not adgacent to EACH OTHER not the hex the unit is in, which was my fiorst point of reference... clearity is important no?

Jeff Norton -> RE: multi cpu? (9/28/2007 3:43:16 AM)

Ralph eluded that its a possible *future* patch fix, but not yet.

I know - running a dual core CPU would make the game fly (I would hope....)

JAMiAM -> RE: multi cpu? (9/28/2007 4:54:35 AM)

You can run multicore cpus now without having to disable all but one, as you had to before. This is because the sound library's dll has been fixed for multicore operation. It was crashing really bad before, when trying to run more than one core of a multicore processor. That said, you really won't see any major benefit to running with a multicore processor, since TOAW III is still single threaded. Thus, your dual core will just run each core at 50% utilization instead of a single core running at 100%. If you're running things in the background, it might help, but really, how often do you do other things when you're grinding out a turn of TOAW III?

SMK-at-work -> RE: multi cpu? (9/28/2007 5:42:42 AM)

Sometimes I like to let the PO run a long move in the background wile I'm doing something else - jsut tun off "detailed combat reports" and let it go...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI