Playcalling/AI Observations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

Dolemite73 -> Playcalling/AI Observations (10/1/2007 12:21:45 PM)

A couple of observations from watching cpu v. cpu games:

1. What dictates a team kicking a field goal or going for it on 4th down? Had a team driving, they were down by 19 with 30 seconds left in the game. Instead of going for it and trying to get the score closer, they go for a field goal. Not very realistic, IMHO.

2. Team down by 11 in the fourth quarter. They score a TD, but instead of going for the 2 pt conversion and making it a 3 pt deficit, they kick the PAT and make it a 4 pt deficit. In the first three quarters, I can understand this. Not in the 4th quarter, late in the game.

3. Ball is punted. The returner does not catch the ball. Ball lands at the 8 yd line. returner decides, with the entire punt defense surrounding him, to pick the ball up and attempt to run. This happens very rarely in football, but I see it all the time on the game.

Just a couple of things that I feel should be tweaked. Now that most of the big issues have been/will be solved, it is time to get nit-picky. It will just make a tighter product in the end.

Tullius -> RE: Playcalling/AI Observations (10/1/2007 2:03:15 PM)

Some of the problems could be improved by making a better coaching profile. But it takes a little bit time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI