old Eastern Front game of 1997 - help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

FloRian1234 -> old Eastern Front game of 1997 - help (10/4/2007 1:10:01 PM)

Hello experts,

recently I found my copy of the old 1997 edition "Eastern Front" game by Talonsoft in the closet. It is the GERMAN version (I think this info is needed!)

After installing under WinXP plus enabling the Win95 comatibility mode I can play, but it a) has some errors like sound loops after vehicle movement etc and b) sometimes crashes (and/or) makes the Windows working surface to the game's colours, e.g. the task bar not grey but olive drab.

My question is now: Is there anywhere on the net a patch to upgrade my version?
Who can help me with this, please?

Jason Petho -> RE: old Eastern Front game of 1997 - help (10/4/2007 4:52:46 PM)

Apart from the UK patch (which works for the German) available at the Blitz, that I provided you, no. There are no additional patches. That is the first of the series which has undergone a number of revisions, including the most recent version available here.

Had you East Front II, your odds of getting it working under XP would be significantly better.

Could always upgrade to the Matrix version! You get East Front II, West Front and Rising Sun with a bunch of enhancements, with no more disc swapping!

Jason Petho

FloRian1234 -> RE: old Eastern Front game of 1997 - help (10/4/2007 5:12:58 PM)

Dear Jason,

thank you very much for the help (also on the other board). I will try the UK version.

How do I install it?
Because it says "Old file not found" when I run the .exe of the patch.[&:]

Jason Petho -> RE: old Eastern Front game of 1997 - help (10/4/2007 5:21:17 PM)

I believe for that old patch, you have to unzip the patch EXE into your Eastern Front folder, and then run it from there.

Jason Petho

FloRian1234 -> RE: old Eastern Front game of 1997 - help (10/4/2007 5:28:12 PM)

Okay, do I have to install the game in the C:\Program files folder or in the "regular" German C:\Programme `?

Jason Petho -> RE: old Eastern Front game of 1997 - help (10/4/2007 6:31:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FloRian1234

Okay, do I have to install the game in the C:\Program files folder or in the "regular" German C:\Programme `?

It shouldn't matter where you install the game, just make sure the patch goes in the same folder.

Jason Petho

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI