Newbie question on strongpoints and/or VP locations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battlefront

olivetomato -> Newbie question on strongpoints and/or VP locations (10/7/2007 1:55:59 PM)

Hello all,

I am struggling my way trough the Saipan scenario after having done the tutorial scenario by JSS (thanks a lot for those!!)
And well....I guess I am well on my way to understanding the game, but right now I cannot seem to figure out how (if at all) you capture a strongpoint or (VP location).
What I am trying to say is....I am in 'control' of hex 4.23 (Charan Kanoa) but there is still a Japanese flag showing and I do not seem to get any benefit (or VP's) for occupying the hex. Is there something I forgot to do?
This may sound like a total dumb question but I am really really green when it comes to Computer wargames. [8D]
Any help, hints, tips and or suggestions welcome!!!

Thanks in advance,
Erik

JSS -> RE: Newbie question on strongpoints and/or VP locations (10/8/2007 2:31:12 AM)

Glad the tutorial is helping :)

You're probably refering to the VP hex indicator.  For this scenario, hex (4,23) has a Japanese flag as the hex indicator (use the " i " hotkey... it should toggle the Japanese flag on & off).

That particular VP only provides points to the Japanese player.  If you right click on the hex, you can mouse over for VPs awarded to each side.   F9 Hotkey provides a quick look at VPs that can be earned in each hex... you'll quickly notice that only the Axis player gets points for controlling VP hexes.  Gotta destroy the Saipan defenders to win as the Americans!

olivetomato -> RE: Newbie question on strongpoints and/or VP locations (10/8/2007 8:21:53 PM)

Thank you for the reply...
I had allready figured out the 'rightclick on hex' option, but the fact that points were awarded to the Axis player but not the Allied player, threw me off.....
Also, earlier today I noticed that an almost similar question has been asked on the forum earlier....I should have done a better job reading through the threads before posting....sorry for that.

Cheers,
Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI