keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Chris21wen -> keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes (10/8/2007 12:52:06 AM)

Not just NVidia but it happens on my ATI Radeon x1300 as well. I can't 'roll back' as I've just bought it.

Problem: When trying to set the firing range using the keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes and I have to kill it using task manager. This happens when using the newest NVidia drivers.

Solution: Rollback to an earlier driver. For this particular gamer, rolling back to version 44.03 solved the problem.

vahauser -> RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes (10/8/2007 3:27:36 AM)

Chris H,

This is a known problem due to your video driver.  I run an ATI Radeon 9700 and if I use the latest driver then my 'Y' key freezes my SPWAW game and I have to cntl+alt+delete out of the game.  So I re-installed my old driver (like 3 or 4 years old) and I no longer have a 'Y' key problem.

The bad news is that if you use an old driver to play SPWAW, then the old driver might not be usable with newer games.  It's a sucky trade off.  New games need new drivers.  You have a decision to make.  I chose SPWAW over newer games requiring a new driver.  But it's your call on your PC.

SlowHand -> RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes (10/14/2007 9:46:05 PM)

quote:

The bad news is that if you use an old driver to play SPWAW, then the old driver might not be usable with newer games.  It's a sucky trade off.  New games need new drivers.  You have a decision to make.  I chose SPWAW over newer games requiring a new driver.  But it's your call on your PC.

Thank you, thank you. This post was incredibly timely. I almost was going to get rid of my older computer where I have SPWaW installed, until I caught this thread. Rolling back to an older driver on my new computer isn't something I can do, given the newer games I'm running.

Chris21wen -> RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes (10/22/2007 12:19:20 AM)

If you don't want to roll back use the Unit data screen to change range, slower but it does work.

Goblin -> RE: keyboard shortcut (Y key), the game freezes (10/22/2007 12:26:34 AM)

The HQ tent screen also works well.

Goblin

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI