New Napoleonic game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

warlon -> New Napoleonic game (10/12/2007 12:30:01 PM)

I've been very occasionally browsing back to this forum since 2002 or so... can't really remember when I first joined, however after the initial promises I can't say I ever expected this to be released. When other people say... hey you didn't lose anything from them not releasing the game yet and "we've just got to wait for a well polished game". Then I lol and think... 5-6 years to develop a computer game? Not only have the hardware specifications changed in the mean time but spending that long time on a simple implementation on a board game is ridiculously long time. Not even Blizzard spends that much time on their games... (and yes... Warcraft 3 was underway for maybe 2 years... very long time)

In any case the reason for me posting today is that I've stumbled over this new title:

http://www.napoleons-campaigns.com/

The interface looks very much as the EiA interface from old screenshots? So is the Matrix project cancelled and the efforts instead funneled over to this new game which have ETA in 1 month of time?

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/12/2007 12:47:18 PM)

Very classy, Warlon. If you read this same forum you'd see that's not the case. If you actually read about both games you'd also see that they complement rather than replace each other. We have an excellent relationship with AGEOD, but no, they haven't replaced our EIA development in the slightest.

EIA is due out soon, we're aiming for a pre-Christmas release for this as well as quite a few other titles.

Regards,

- Erik

MPHopcroft1 -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/12/2007 4:12:06 PM)

Um.... no. THis is a French game from AGEOD studios, using the base system they established with Birth of America and The American Civil War.  It is a grand startegic game, but does not have many of the poltiical and startegic options of EiA.

They haven't announced whether they'll have a North American distributor yet.

j-s -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/12/2007 8:41:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

EIA is due out soon, we're aiming for a pre-Christmas release for this as well as quite a few other titles.

Regards,

- Erik

Do so...[&o]

cdbeck -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/12/2007 8:47:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warlon
Not even Blizzard spends that much time on their games... (and yes... Warcraft 3 was underway for maybe 2 years... very long time)

Umm... wrong? I just opened my Starcraft jewel-case and looked at the nice advertisement on the back of the jacket-sleeve. Starcraft, released in 1997, has the advertisement saying "Coming in 1998: Diablo II." Diablo II released in 2000, for those that forgot. So cut Matrix some slack.

And your argument would basically mean that EiA was superfluous because Crown of Glory released several years ago (it is Napoleonic too). AGEOD's Nappy game will be as different from EiA as AGEOD's Civil War game is different from Forge of Freedom (both offered here at Matrix.

Side note: HEY MP HOPCRAFT! Looks like all we ever talk about is Napoleon! [;)]

jimwinsor -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/12/2007 10:18:39 PM)

Yeah, Napoleon's Campaigns will be exacly that...campaigns. It will have no "grand campaign," ie, 1805-1815.

Instead it will be a collection of operational historical scenarios...Austria 1806, Prussia 1806, Russia 1812-13, etc.  To make a full-war 1805-1815 scenario they would have to add a diplomacy engine, and a production engine...and according to the designers, there are no plans to do this.

It looks like a hella game, though...just wont have the grand strategic scope of an EiA (or a CoG, for that matter).

gazfun -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/13/2007 12:26:11 AM)

Im inclined to agree, that its a game of a seqenece of Campaigns put togther (Napoleons Campaigns) no production, no political.
Have to be careful of what you buy, as they not always match with what you desire 

Irish Guards -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/16/2007 1:48:17 AM)

Who is this Swine to say EiA is nay better than any other Napoleonic game by light years .. [8|]
Apparently he has never played an actual ADG game ... Whether Matrix has a hand in it is besdies the point ... [;)]
The actual complexity of the Baseline of the game is going to be very hard to disregard .... [&o]
IG

stephenhamley -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/17/2007 11:32:36 AM)

I'd tell you what I think when I manage to lay my hands on a copy, anybody help as to when or where this grand strategy game is about????

argaur -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/17/2007 12:51:54 PM)

There will be a political expansion in a future....so hurry up if you want to have some games being sold... :)

sol_invictus -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/17/2007 4:09:45 PM)

Yes, there are certainly plans to expand Napoleon's Campaigns with diplomatic AI and a full campaign. It might be a bit, but it will happen. Even with that, NC and EIA will remain distinctly different games and I would imagine that any Napoleonic fan would want them both.

stephenhamley -> RE: New Napoleonic game (10/18/2007 2:21:41 AM)

Oh more frustration another game thats not available yet!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI