How to turn the movement animations off? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

Thorwald -> How to turn the movement animations off? (10/12/2007 6:32:16 PM)

I don't want to follow my units when they make long sea movements. It is boring and causes crashing. I also do not want to follow the movements of the PO during her turn.

Can I turn the animations off?

Silvanski -> RE: How to turn the movement animations off? (10/12/2007 8:30:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thorwald

I don't want to follow my units when they make long sea movements. It is boring and causes crashing. I also do not want to follow the movements of the PO during her turn.

With the latest patch 3.2.29.27 it is possible to speed up the animation... just turn your "Caps Lock" on

ColinWright -> RE: How to turn the movement animations off? (10/12/2007 9:38:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thorwald

With the latest patch 3.2.29.27 it is possible to speed up the animation... just turn your "Caps Lock" on

Still, it'd be good if it was possible to select what to see on the replay.

In some scenarios... For example, I remember that in Erik Nygaard's Weserubung that the replay of ship movements could get so mind-numbingly tedious to watch that I would take this into account in planning my turn. Stick land movements I wanted to keep my opponent from noticing into a broad swatch of sea movement. Figure his attention must have wandered...

Other scenarios it's the rail that we could all do without. If one's the Germans in Seelowe you really don't need to see (and watch, move by move) that the Britain is railing everything he can up to the front on about turns seven through twelve. Yes, you know that...

JAMiAM -> RE: How to turn the movement animations off? (10/13/2007 11:11:48 PM)

Sorry. No view filter settings for the replay. Sounds like a good feature request for inclusion in TOAW IV...[;)]

Raindem -> RE: How to turn the movement animations off? (10/20/2007 5:44:57 PM)

Another workaround when conducting long sea movement is set your units to invisible ("i" key) after you select your moving unit.  When you click on the destination hex it is instantly transported.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI