Campaign armies made to order (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

The German -> Campaign armies made to order (6/18/2001 5:46:00 PM)

One of the biggest problems I have is buying the armies for campaign games. I am a bit slack on that front, I am someone that just wants to get stuck into the fighting. So I wondered if it was possible to email pre-made armies to other players, for the purpose of providing a campaign army ready-to-go. Is there provision in the game for this? Or would the file be too big? Any suggestions?

MacCready -> (6/19/2001 4:01:00 AM)

Hi, I would suggest purchasing a balanced force. Infantry companies,armored companies,air support,artillery support,anti air elements,ammo In my opinion you can never have to much infantry,especially in a jungle or forest.

Drex -> (6/23/2001 11:11:00 AM)

Hi German! Don't look at it as a problem. Choosing your own forces is one of the best features of this game. Look at each game as an experiment in force composition. This is the way you learn about the capabilities of all your different units. Sure some of your choices may be disastrous, but you only nmake that mistake once. Just played a game of East Front II and you don't get to choose your force. Hell you can't even choose your side.

murr -> (6/25/2001 5:26:00 AM)

Mixing your force differently opens up alot of different variables , this keeps the game from getting boring.Using a solid inf. force supported by anti- tank guns plays so much more different than playing as an armor heavy force.enjoy.

The German -> (6/25/2001 4:28:00 PM)

tanx for all your replies guys. I appreciate the advice. I just get frustrated when all the troops dont fit in the vehicles I have bought, or i have too many vehicles, etc etc. I cant remember how many times I have tried to get a campaign underway, only to find that i am missing some crucial elements in my force make-up. Then I have to restart the whole thing. Oh well, it teaches one perseverance I suppose.

MacCready -> (6/26/2001 1:49:00 AM)

I usually have my infantry hoof it so to speak,unless I feel the need for mobility. but basically I dont buy many lite vehicles as they are to easily destroyed...

Lukke -> (6/26/2001 2:19:00 AM)

I agree with The german, I really dislike having to compose my own force, and I'm rather bad at anticipating what I will need.. I suppose I just need some practice so I can distinguish the features of the units..

MacCready -> (6/26/2001 4:54:00 AM)

Thats one of the best features of the game to go shopping for military equipment. You know you can have the computer purchase for you right?

Drex -> (6/26/2001 9:02:00 AM)

When you read the trucks carry capacity, it may say 108 which means it can tow a gun of weight 1 (as opposed to weight 2) or can carry 8 men. So you don't want to buy a truck with 108 capacity to tow a 90mm AA gun or to carry a squad of twelve. that's how you can match vehicles with loads.

Stukadawg -> (6/27/2001 12:16:00 AM)

Aside from Drex's excellent advice, purchasing motorized or Panzergrenadier companies, platoons, or squads gives you infantry with the right amount of men for the vehicle. Thats how I do it (the lazy way). Another little bit of advice. Instead of buying a platoon of units, purchase a company and delete all but one platoon, this way you get a higher ranking officer for purposes of rallying. That is, if the campaign allows you enough build points. In the campaign I'm playing now I started off like this: HQ Armored car co minus 2 platoons 2 tank companies replacing the PzIIs with Pz35 or 38 (t)s but reducing it to two platoons and adding a platoon of PzIVc's SS mechanized infantry company Engineer company (mechanized, the 251s were reorganized and attached to each platton HQ) 3 batteries of cheap anti-tank guns that will be upgraded to SP Artillery when the time comes. Also, each of the two infantry companies gets an armored car platoon like the one heading the list. These will be upgraded to Anti-Aircraft and Tank Destroyers. I had to boost my points up to 4200 but I also increased the AI's to 5400 and play on "hard" where the AI gets double the allowed build points. I haven't played far enough in the campaign to see if I properly balanced the points, which I'm afraid might leave the AI short-changed. All my best to you and your army, \_STUKADAWG_/

The German -> (6/28/2001 5:32:00 PM)

Thanks for the very constructive (and useful) comments guys. Some good advice there which I shall gratefully employ.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI