COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Axis123uk -> COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 1:13:45 AM)

Hi,

Can anyone fill me in whether this game was released will be released or will not be released cause i cant gwet my head round it!? There is a seperate web page for the game and it says released in 2004 but when you try to buy it it says not yet released???

I like the look of the game so just wondered if anyone could shed some light on it. Heres the link to there seperate page.

http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/CombatLeader-EastFront/main.asp

Ta muchly.

Arctic Blast -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 1:48:22 AM)

Is that Close Combat : Cross of Iron? If so, you can certainly find info about it around here. If not, I have no idea what it even is.

Axis123uk -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 2:02:02 AM)

Hi thanx for taking the time. No its not Close COmbat i actually brought that from Matrix it looks similar but is turn based rather than real time so i have no idea where this game is now!!?

Arctic Blast -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 2:19:46 AM)

Hold on...I think this game was scrapped, actually.

ravinhood -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 2:30:50 AM)

Lol where have you been that game was scrapped what 2 years ago? hahah We all sat patiently waiting for it and then one day ZAP this game has been canceled was shoveled into our faces. We cried for days. Our sequel to Steel Panthers was not to be. Then we got over it and started griping about something else that hasn't been released since forever...Empire in Arms. :)

geozero -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 7:09:36 AM)

It had a lot of promise. I worked on some of the data, spent a lot of time and personal money to research stats on artillery and small arms...it went nowhere. [sm=crazy.gif]
It had pretty darn good graphics.

Charles2222 -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 9:28:09 AM)

Somebody has to keep running into this just to torture us [sm=dizzy.gif]

Axis123uk -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 4:02:43 PM)

Thought as much! Why dont they get rid of their web page!

Anyway, sorry for bringing this up! Did look a pretty gd game though!

RIP Combat Leader

Zakhal -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 7:33:28 PM)

Steel panthers was/is the best game they have and they dont bother doing a remake even though the game is soon older than som players here. I would settle even for mere graphics/resolution update. [sm=sign0063.gif]

cdbeck -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 9:19:11 PM)

Didn't a lot of the elements from this scrapped game get folded into Close Combat: Cross of Iron?

SoM

ravinhood -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/18/2007 11:04:27 PM)

lol like what SoM? They are as different as night and day in gameplay and longevity. CC is real time (yawn) Combat Leader woulda been turn based with lovely better graphics that you could SEE than what is in SPWAW today. Shrapnel though has made a NEW graphic design of this game calling it SPWAW for Windows. You can get a free version of it also, but, if you want the updated graphics you have to pay for it. Even though the free version isn't top notch in graphics I can still make out the infantry units better in it's free version than I can in the old one.

Hertston -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/19/2007 3:46:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

Didn't a lot of the elements from this scrapped game get folded into Close Combat: Cross of Iron?

1. The "Cross of Iron" part of the name.

2. Nothing else.

cdbeck -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/19/2007 4:32:18 AM)

Ah, I thought some of the map tiles got reused, but a quick look at the screenies proved that wrong.

RH, I know what each game is, I just thought some graphical elements got reused.

SoM

ravinhood -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/19/2007 4:35:34 AM)

Ahhh ok I thought maybe you thought the new release of CC Cross of Iron was what happened to Combat Leader.

Veldor -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/19/2007 7:47:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Axis123uk
Can anyone fill me in whether this game was released will be released or will not be released cause i cant gwet my head round it!? There is a seperate web page for the game and it says released in 2004 but when you try to buy it it says not yet released???

You might already know this, but a nice similar enough title soon to be released is:

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/game.asp?gid=349

The screenshots are quite nice!

[image]local://upfiles/8250/E13501462B5545EABA7119090AE25A26.jpg[/image]

Sarge -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/20/2007 1:22:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

The screenshots are quite nice!

[image]local://upfiles/8250/E13501462B5545EABA7119090AE25A26.jpg[/image]

Thank goodness the bright white hex outlines have been toned down , I hated them on the board game .

PS:I was criminal to cover up/detract from the art on those boards.

Fred98 -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/20/2007 2:31:26 AM)

So, the dice roll was a 4 plus 2 plus 1 makes 7?

When the target is moving the fire is more accurate?????

-

Goblin -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/20/2007 3:23:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

So, the dice roll was a 4 plus 2 plus 1 makes 7?

When the target is moving the fire is more accurate?????

-

Infantry cannot seek cover while moving, but don't move fast enough to affect accuracy - just a guess.

Goblin

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: COMBAT LEADER: Cross Of Iron??? (10/21/2007 11:30:46 PM)

Wasn't Combat Leader going to replace both Close Combat and Steel Panthers?

Wasn't it quietly bumped off when Panzer Command arrived on the scene?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI