Issue about Sudden Death and Timeouts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Rules

pdozer63 -> Issue about Sudden Death and Timeouts (10/21/2007 7:00:30 AM)

I just had my first Overtime game since the v2.1 update. In USA pro rules, during suddent death, each team should only be given 2 timeouts, but they have 3 each as in regulation play. It's a small detail but one I thought worth mentioning.

David Winter -> RE: Issue about Sudden Death and Timeouts (10/22/2007 6:00:55 AM)

Hi.

I was not aware of this rule. Maybe I misread the rules but www.nfl.com seem to indicate that there are 3 time outs in a regular season over time. Pre season has 2 time outs in an over time. Am I reading this incorrectly?

quote:

Following a three-minute intermission after the end of the regulation game, play will be continued in 15-minute periods or until there is a score*. There is a two-minute intermission between subsequent periods. The teams change goals at the start of each period. Each team has three time outs per half and all general timing provisions apply as during a regular game. Disqualified players are not allowed to return.
*Exception: In preseason and regular season games there shall be a maximum of 15 minutes of sudden death with two time outs instead of three. General provisions that apply for the fourth quarter will prevail. Try not attempted if touchdown scored. If there is no score in the 15 minutes, the game shall end in a tie.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/suddendeath

DirkGildun -> RE: Issue about Sudden Death and Timeouts (10/22/2007 3:27:04 PM)

David,

You missed the part below your bolding -- "*Exception: In preseason and regular season games there shall be a maximum of 15 minutes of sudden death with two time outs instead of three."

David Winter -> RE: Issue about Sudden Death and Timeouts (10/22/2007 8:28:57 PM)

LOL.. I did misread that. This must have been written by lawyers; the 'exception' seems to be the most common application of the rule.[8|]

Okay.. well it should be something doable for version 2.2. For over time I'll reduce the time outs by 1. So if you're using the NFL rule of 3 time outs, you'll get 2 for over time. If you're using a modified rule set of 2 time outs in regulation, you'll get 1 in over time. If you're using the CFL regulation time rule of 1 time out, it will stay at 1 time out.

thanks for the clarification.
David

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI