Two questions on .wav files (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

J T -> Two questions on .wav files (9/12/2000 1:20:00 AM)

From reading below it seems that I am not the only one who is missing .wav files after upgrading from 2.3 to 4....I have 113 wav files and apparently there should be 500+....It seems that most of the missing sounds are small arms fire....Any chance of getting a zip of the .wav files?.......2nd question on .wav files - I noticed that in both 2.3 and 4.0 there are triple copies of many of the sounds in the directory (eg.- 360,361, and 362 are the same sound/file size...357,358,359 are the same etc.)...Can doubles and triples be deleted?. ...Fabulous job otherwise - Love being able to go back to the map once a battle is over....Congrats to the matrix team.../Jim

Paul Vebber -> (9/12/2000 1:55:00 AM)

Betcha they are in a nested directory... Look for a Drive:/Steel Panteres World at War/Steel Panteres World at War Folder - move teh contents to the same folders in teh higher nested folder and you will be set

J T -> (9/12/2000 2:04:00 AM)

Paul...Yeah, my 2.3 was at c:\sp2waw and the upgrade installed to c:\sp2waw\Steel Panteres World at War, so at the time I had both versions still on the hard drive....however I deleted all the 2.3 files before I realized the 4.0 was short .wav files....

Paul Vebber -> (9/12/2000 2:28:00 AM)

Most of those "doubles and triples are variations - the game randomly chooses one of the set to play. Don't delete them or you will get silence when the non-exixtant sound "comes up". Teh best thing to do is to reinstall 2.3 and apply the patch over it - making sure you check the directory the patch is installed to - the upgrade assumes you pick the parent directory the /Steel Panthers World at War is contained in. [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 11, 2000).]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI