MGN - Proxy, or mascarade ??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Target -> MGN - Proxy, or mascarade ??? (9/12/2000 1:26:00 AM)

Does MGN works with proxy, or mascarade ??? I have a cable modem nad there is a problem. I played twice online but olwas as client. When i start serwer other player don't see my game [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] My "real" IP i get from ICQ [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Other person tell me when i selected do not hide IP. With other games this IP works but in SPWAW don't [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] Any suggestions, or patches ???

Keebler -> (9/12/2000 2:11:00 AM)

I have had similar problem. Last night I tried to setup a game between a friend and I. We are both on cable modem, but for some reason I could not be server! It worked every time I joined him, but he could not connect to me if I was server. I’m still trying to figure out how to get SPWAW to play through Wingate 3.05. Really pisses of the spouse when I hog the internet connection, and turn off the network connection sharing. Can’t connect either through wingate. Once I find out what ports SPWAW uses I’ll see if I can set up some services facilitate SPWAW connection.

Tommy -> (9/12/2000 3:28:00 AM)

I've read that some cable modems change IP addresses every 5 minutes or so to stop you from being a server. If you want to be a server, they charge you the commercial rate. Does your ISP do this? Tommy

Target -> (9/12/2000 4:05:00 AM)

No, it's not this problem as i wrote i can start other game ...

Keebler -> (9/12/2000 2:32:00 PM)

My Cable ISP does not do the IP shuffle. I used to run a Half-Life server until a little while ago, so I know my IP is fairly static. In fact, my IP has not changed since I started to use Battle com about 2 months ago!!

Hauptmann6 -> (9/12/2000 11:26:00 PM)

Couple of things. 1. Do you have a firewall? If so shut it off.(I have one, sometimes I can join a game but not host) 2. Get your IP this way, go to run and type winipcfg and click run. Sometimes ICQ does not use the real IP(as I understand it) Haupt

Keebler -> (9/13/2000 12:08:00 AM)

In my case I am running Wingate connection sharing software on my home LAN. I know the problem likely lies in the listen port opened by SPWAW not being passed on to the wingate server. If I knew what listen port SPWAW uses I could bind a service to my SPWAW server passing on any info received by the listen port. I’m still waiting on the Matrix guys to get me that info. I’m not in a hurry those guys deserve a break! I have connected to two other people that have cable modems with no problem, so I doubt the problem lies with the modem network. I did bypass my Wingate server when I first ran into problems and everything worked. I did forget to turn off my network sharing and got infected by the network.vbs.a virus for my troubles!! All clean now thanks. 30 min is all it took for a virus to jump from the net to my SYS. Is it any wonder people go out of there way to run firewalls and such!! [This message has been edited by Keebler (edited September 12, 2000).]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI