contest time for release date (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

General -> contest time for release date (10/23/2007 8:51:32 AM)

I'm picking Nov. 5. (we'll keep the year optional)

rhondabrwn -> RE: contest time for release date (10/23/2007 9:26:02 AM)

I'm picking October 26th (this Friday) since it's payday.

Just wishful thinking though.

What's the prize? You started this so you provide the trophies [:D]

AZKGungHo -> RE: contest time for release date (10/23/2007 6:21:14 PM)

Okay - I'll go with October 31st - just because!!

jmbutley -> RE: contest time for release date (10/23/2007 6:51:05 PM)

I bet it's April 1st.

Mikekiller16 -> RE: contest time for release date (10/23/2007 8:00:45 PM)

Hey, you all forget to choose year of release, day/month it not enough !!!!

General -> RE: contest time for release date (10/23/2007 8:26:51 PM)

Ummm, Mikekiller16, you didn't leave a date.
The year is optional, see above rules!!

Prize for the winner eh?   I'll pass the buck to David Heath and company for our diehard patience and complete understanding.  I'm sure they will want to reward us for being lifelong customers.  Although, I do have a old Sierra Civil War game called Robert E. Lee Civil War General. I have never played, it could be sent to the winner!  It says it's so realistic you can smell the gunpowder!

Mikekiller16 -> RE: contest time for release date (10/23/2007 8:39:19 PM)

Ok, them my birthday Nov 25th; maybe i can convince my wife to buy them as a gift; despite shelwill ask what do i want more games for, 300 are not enough?

YohanTM2 -> RE: contest time for release date (10/24/2007 5:36:16 AM)

Remembrance Day - Nov. 11

Rhetor -> RE: contest time for release date (10/24/2007 9:59:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

Remembrance Day - Nov. 11

That's also Polish Independence Day. I could celebrate it with some virtual cannonade at virtual Borodino :-D

dalelast -> RE: contest time for release date (10/24/2007 2:17:08 PM)

I will go with March 9

SlickWilhelm -> RE: contest time for release date (10/24/2007 4:26:12 PM)

I'll say Nov. 7th. I'm reading my first Napoleonic War book(Chandler's "Campaigns of Napoleon"), and just finished the battle of Eylau. By the time this pack is released, I should be up to Borodino or maybe even Berezina. 

dalelast -> RE: contest time for release date (10/25/2007 12:29:39 AM)

Slick Wilhelm,

Awesome book. Read it earlier this year. Enjoy!

Dale

timshin42 -> RE: contest time for release date (10/25/2007 5:38:21 PM)

Well it won't be Veterans Day (Remembrance Day, Polish Independence Day) for that is on Sunday "11th Hour, 11th day, 11th Month". And Monday is a U.S. holiday, so I'll pick Tuesday, November 13 (this year!).

rhondabrwn -> RE: contest time for release date (10/27/2007 8:23:06 PM)

Well it seems that I lost on my bet.

Why, am I so drawn to such gambling, why did I bet my entire house and life savings on the magic number "26"... oh, woe is me... I'm ruined. [:(]

[Wakes Up]

Oh, yea... this didn't cost me anything did it? [:D]

It doesn't matter though, I'm tapped out financially at the moment and couldn't buy it anyway... for some reason insulin and other medications will have to take priority this paycheck.

Even worse, I lost my HPS Campaign Atlanta CD last week and now can't play the game. I'm thinking that I must have gotten it mixed up with my NetFlix returns and stuck it in an envelope with a DVD movie. Now, wouldn't it be a wonderful surprise if NetFlix sent it back to me? I doubt it though <laugh> This little tragedy does really reinforce my solid support for the Matrix approach of downloadable games with a serial # required for updates as opposed to having to keep a CD in the drive. How I wish HPS would adopt this approach!

In the meantime, I've got Campaign Chickamauga to keep me occupied so all is not lost.

berto -> RE: contest time for release date (10/27/2007 9:16:28 PM)

I lost my HPS Vicksburg CD last winter under different circumstances. While debugging a display problem with that game, my CD drive happened to fail... so I replaced the drive... without thinking to first remove the Vicksburg CD... then I tossed the drive... and didn't discover my mistake until some days later.

Fortunately, maybe because this was involved with the display bug, I told my tale of woe to HPS, they listened sympathetically, and were kind enough to send me a free replacement CD!

No, the display bug still isn't fixed, but I can't complain about HPS' stellar customer support.

Anyway, Rhonda, I feel your pain.

Rhetor -> RE: contest time for release date (10/27/2007 11:22:00 PM)

Digital download is infinitely better. Especially for someone from Europe, where you have to wait a few weeks at worst to receive your order. The sad record for some books I ordered once from amazon.com was 7 weeks.

acwbuff63 -> RE: contest time for release date (10/28/2007 2:41:50 AM)

Just curious, did you know that you could put all your BG and HPS games on one CD?  You should never have to swap CDs.

berto -> RE: contest time for release date (10/28/2007 6:04:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: acwbuff63

Just curious, did you know that you could put all your BG and HPS games on one CD? You should never have to swap CDs.

Please, do give details how we would go about that.

rhondabrwn -> RE: contest time for release date (10/28/2007 8:28:45 AM)

quote:

Just curious, did you know that you could put all your BG and HPS games on one CD? You should never have to swap CDs.

Actually, I did have those instructions laying around somewhere, just never got around to doing it.

I like the ones you just posted though, it is a lot more straightforward that the instructions I had. Maybe I'll get everything backed up now.

I bought my game from NWS and not directly from HPS which complicates things, but NWS forwarded my problem on to HPS and we're talking about possibly selling me a replacement disk. So all may not be lost.

acwbuff63 -> RE: contest time for release date (10/28/2007 9:42:10 AM)

Good Luck with the replacement, but if you still have it installed on your HD, you won't need it. Try creating a new CD as I described. The exe files are still on your HD.

rhondabrwn -> RE: contest time for release date (10/28/2007 10:12:35 AM)

quote:

Good Luck with the replacement, but if you still have it installed on your HD, you won't need it. Try creating a new CD as I described. The exe files are still on your HD.

Yep, did that and Atlanta is up and running again for me! This was too easy!

Now, someone explain why any kind of CD is necessary when the HPS games aren't copy protected in any way and don't have serial number protection. I can't see the need for requiring ANY kind of CD in the drive for their games to run. Just a lot of bother for no good reason.

Anyway, thanks again for the advice. I was thinking that the necessary files were only found on the installation CD and that I had to have that to create the master CD. Silly me... I had all my games set up within about 5 minutes.

Life is good. [:)]

acwbuff63 -> RE: contest time for release date (10/28/2007 10:26:11 AM)

Your most welcome

SlickWilhelm -> RE: contest time for release date (10/30/2007 9:52:49 PM)

Napolean is just about ready to declare war on the Tsar and head into Russia. If everything goes according to my diabolical plan, he should be slugging it out at Borodino just when the Battleground series is released! This book is a great read. That "Boney" guy was something else. And I thought trumpet players had big egos! [X(]

AZKGungHo -> RE: contest time for release date (10/31/2007 8:48:19 PM)

According to Erik it'll be early next week folks! You can spend the weekend getting your credit cards ready! 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI