reverses still not possible? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS)

Scott_WAR -> reverses still not possible? (10/24/2007 3:51:09 PM)

I know this has been brought up before, and I really dont know why its such a problem to fix.............. We need a command for the QB or RB/FB to hand off the ball to a WR. The only way to make a reverse play now is to split a RB/FB out as a WR.

Marauders -> RE: reverses still not possible? (10/24/2007 6:45:01 PM)

Handoff/Pitch: to WR was an item requested and considered for the 2.0 release.  It was on the short list.

The defense would also need the ability to Line Up On: and Key: the WR in order to combat reverses and end around plays.

There was not time to add these and test them thoroughly against AI busting prior to the 2.0 release.

Thank you for bringing it up.

Marauders -> RE: reverses still not possible? (12/16/2007 7:55:07 AM)

Just to be clear, the ability to Line Up On: and Key: the TE and WR have been in the game for a while, but the beta team has not been tasked to test plays with the TE and WR as the ball carrier. 

Not having end around and reverse plays at this time is for AI buster purposes and not because it could not be put into the game.  It is an obvious wish list feature for a future version of the game.

I should note that defensive plays in Maximum Football can be set up much like FBPro, with defenders set up in Man as a Match Up by player speed or other skill, or they can be set up Man to line up on and key to given players.  The latter is helpful for setting up combination Man-Zone defensive schemes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI