Small feature request (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hornet Leader PC

CptWaspLuca -> Small feature request (10/24/2007 6:33:09 PM)

Very often I forget to change altitude. It would be very nice to have altitude represented in the main screen, in the hornet icon. You can change the hornet color, or add a small icon perhaps...
Thank you!

StormcloudCreations -> RE: Small feature request (10/24/2007 7:03:16 PM)

We thought about this, but thought it might make the screen too cluttered. It still might make it in at some point as a text/color change or something.

CptWaspLuca -> RE: Small feature request (10/24/2007 11:31:49 PM)

It could be nice a small horizontal line above (high) or under (low altitude) the hornet icon.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Small feature request (10/25/2007 10:52:33 AM)

*cough* my pilot name in italics suggestion *cough* *nudge* *nudge*

StormcloudCreations -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 12:38:14 AM)

The italics thing I like. I'm adding some type of altitude indicator on the main map to the consideration list.

Veldor -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 1:15:36 AM)

I like the color coding better, red and green just like the arrows. Italics I think is too hard to distinguish and is an obsolete technique by more than a decade for gaming. Ultimately it really should be graphically conveyed. The bar above and below is definitely one way, you could even flip the plane upside down for low vs high, or better yet use an entirely different graphic to represent low vs high (For simple starters put a green or red arrow in one versus the other).

I'll take anything for now though, its a fundamentaly important part of the game to know and control altitude and with all that black space on screen can't think of any reason why we shouldn't be able to visually know a key piece of information. :)

StormcloudCreations -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 1:18:29 AM)

You may be right. Maybe a red bar for high and a green bar on bottom for low?

Veldor -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 2:02:24 AM)

I'd put the red bar above the graphic and the green bar below the graphic.

Bert44 -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 11:57:07 AM)

Necessary to put 2 colors ?
A blue bar top for High Altitude and a blue bar bottom for Low Altitude.

CptWaspLuca -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 12:08:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bert44

I'm with Bert :)
Thank you Derek for considering it.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 7:59:09 PM)

I'm fine with any change but I didn't want my aircraft to look like a friggin' christmas tree what with all the red/green going on around them.

That's why I mentioned keeping the same font color and just putting the ones at low altitude in italics.  Reading two different colored text - bleh!

StormcloudCreations -> RE: Small feature request (10/26/2007 8:36:59 PM)

Yep, that's why I didn't add the altitude indicators on the planes themselves...I didn't want all manner of little icons surrounding the planes. I wanted to keep the look clean. I figured in most phases you can just move the mouse over the plane and it will display all its info, and that was easy enough. Something might make planning easier though.

Veldor -> RE: Small feature request (10/27/2007 2:24:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bert44

Red and Green was simply to match the colors already chosen for high and low altitude indicators. I didn't pick them.

Personally I would have gone with a cross between Persimmon and Vermillion along with Persian green or Olive drab all around precisely to avoid the christmas tree thing... [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI