NATO counter mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

mike.kreuzer -> NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 12:17:17 AM)

A minor mod, replacing the stick figure unit icons with "NATO" symbols.

A 15k download available from: my mod page

Great game - Mike [sm=happy0065.gif]

Banquet -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 12:20:35 AM)

Looks great! Thank you :)

Erik Rutins -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 12:23:35 AM)

Thank you Mike, nice mod - I'm currently using it myself and it does add to the historical scenarios.

You all may be interested to read Mike's mini-review of AT as well. I don't agree with him on all of our games, but I sure do on this one.

http://wroteontheground.blogspot.com/

LarryP -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 1:10:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mike.kreuzer

A minor mod, replacing the stick figure unit icons with "NATO" symbols.

A 15k download available from: my mod page

Great game - Mike [sm=happy0065.gif]

I am using them now and they look great! Thanks. [&o]

Kipper -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 1:42:42 AM)

Thanks a million Mike

Magpius -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 8:26:30 AM)

Excellent, great work. thanks.
-any chance a historic german flag?

Veldor -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 9:14:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

You all may be interested to read Mike's mini-review of AT as well. I don't agree with him on all of our games, but I sure do on this one.

http://wroteontheground.blogspot.com/

OMG! A Wargame Reviewer that doesn't give every game at least 5/8 like another I know!!!
One who shares my complaint on AT of way too many mouse clicks!!
And even goes on a mini-rant in another review about the lack of right-mouse button support in some of these games!!
It's so refreshing to see actual honest reviews.

W00T!!

Honestly though Mike, aren't Nato symbols a little too 1995 just like the lack of right-mouse button support you mentioned? [:D]
Ok well in this case I suppose the graphic symbols aren't exactly the most thrilling anyway so the NATO ones would definitely provide a nice alternative.

But what I really wanted to say here was that I think Im beginning to see the need for some kind of "AT Mod Manager" like CC has now.

So we can switch back and forth and try different mods more easily....

Plodder -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 10:39:14 AM)

If the AT mods are just simple file swapping(haven't got it yet) try out the JSGME, it's a simple mod manager and dead easy to use. I use it for all my games.

Vic -> RE: NATO counter mod (10/30/2007 11:53:16 AM)

it might be even easier if you make a mod to make a different masterfile. then you can keep both graphics side to side, but change masterfiles.
but this is also possible.

i wonder though how do the mini battles look now though? (yes! i will take a look soon my self)

@mike
nice review. i like criticism. it gives me incentive for improvement :)

Pergite! -> RE: NATO counter mod (11/2/2007 10:02:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

Honestly though Mike, aren't Nato symbols a little too 1995 just like the lack of right-mouse button support you mentioned? [:D]
Ok well in this case I suppose the graphic symbols aren't exactly the most thrilling anyway so the NATO ones would definitely provide a nice alternative.

Its not like NATO invented all those symbols, they just standardized them. Realism would be to have each country in the game using their own sets of symbols, creating troubles for everyone. Below are for example the German symbols used druing the 40īs.
Great mod! On the top of my download list if I come around buying the game... I am not completely sure yet...

[image]http://niehorster.orbat.com/011_germany/symbols/_symbols_39-01.gif[/image]

http://niehorster.orbat.com/011_germany/symbols/_symbols_39.html

madrigal61 -> RE: NATO counter mod (11/8/2007 6:27:01 PM)

I have created (and attached) a JSGME compatible zip file of Mike's excellent NATO icons mod. This mod will add the icons to the four locations specified in Mike's instructions. I have tested it and it works flawlessly. JSGME is perfect for this kind of thing and I highly encourage it's use.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI