Need help, small problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

GNDN -> Need help, small problem (10/30/2007 6:07:32 AM)

I am playing a 2007 historical association with the maximum players allowed. It seems Jeff Francis (COL SP) has replaced Jeff Francouer (ATL RF) in the game. It is amusing because I have Francis' name, picture with Francouer's ratings. I would like both players and do not mind over-writing a fictional p;ayer to keep Francis.

To that end, I need the complete 2007 bios on both players. Can anyone help? Or is Jeff Francis destined to never be.....

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Need help, small problem (11/6/2007 2:41:02 AM)

GNDN,

I apologize if I didn't pick up on it, but I don't quite understand what the problem is here. Do you simply need stats for a player or are you trying to replace a player or...?

[&:]

Nukester -> RE: Need help, small problem (11/6/2007 3:45:58 AM)

Thats weird

You can get both of theirs stats and stuff here: http://www.baseball-reference.com/

GNDN -> RE: Need help, small problem (11/7/2007 3:37:31 AM)

FS, Nukester,

I may have mis-spoke.  I do not need their stats, I need their game ratings that are found on the bio page.  For some reason, Jeff Francis replaced Francouer.  I am guessing the ratings I have are for Francouer and Francis is nowhere to be found in my Association.

Ultimately, yes, a fictional player will be replaced but I wanted the ratings to 'fix' my rosters.

I hope that helps.

Nukester, I grew up in Wappingers Falls, just across the river from you.  Are you a Newburgh native?

Nukester -> RE: Need help, small problem (11/7/2007 7:33:12 PM)

GNDN - Yup, I was born and raised in Newburgh and still live there. Lucky me huh ? [:D]

I see what the problem with these 2 players are. In the "batting" table, where the offensive stats for players are kept, and the "fielding" table where the fielding stats are kept, there is an error with these two players and their playerid's (in the LahmanPS database which is where all of the data is imported from)

First off, Francouer doesnt have a record in the master table. You would need to add a line for him with the playerid of francje02 and fill in at least the debut year (2005...month and day doesnt matter I dont think), and data for his birth (Jan 8 1984)

Secondly, both players have the same playerid for 2007 in the batting and fielding tables. Jeff Francis should be "francje01" and Francouer should be "francje02", and they are correct for 2005 and 2006, but wrong for 2007. So if you import from 2007, it will be messed up. Change the playerid for Francouer to francje02 for 2007 (you can tell which one he is by the ATL in teamname). Do the same in the fielding table

The problem is that Im not entirely sure it would stick because Im not sure if the database is editable now (you could edit it in the past but it wouldnt stick or something like that). I just changed the batting table to be correct, then imported 2007 and Francis is now correct. I didnt add in Francouer to the master table, but it should work. The thing is, it may be overwritten with another patch or something. You can give it a shot though

GNDN -> RE: Need help, small problem (11/10/2007 5:30:57 AM)

Nukester,

Even though you are from Newburgh, you are OK by me.  [:)]  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  It is nice to know the money I spent on my Graduate DB class did not go to waste.

I was able to fix the Francoeur/Francis problem after poking through all the tables.  I did find Francoeur on the Master (he is 17406).  However, his and Francis' stats are mixed up on the Batters AND the tbPureSim Batters table.  Francis had been assigned as Francoeur's offensive numbers.  I fixed that by adding Francis's 2007 hitting stats and editing Francis' offense back to Francoeur.  Francoeur also had no 2005 Salary listed so I added one to make him a bit more complete. 

I tested this by creating a new 2007 Association and both players are where they belong.  My first Association, however, is not pulling the players.  Is my first Association toast after only one month of play?  Is there a fix I am not aware of?  I was truly hoping to re-run 2007 with both Jeffs in place.  I hope I do not have to start again because my Mets are off to a blistering 19-5 start....

Also, is anyone plugged into the DB and can notify them of this minor glitch?

Nukester -> RE: Need help, small problem (11/10/2007 5:41:40 AM)

Im glad I could at least point you in the right direction. As far as your first association goes, about the only thing I can think of to get them into the league is to go into Francis's playercard, under "edit bio", and force retire him (and Francoeur too, but I dont think he is in your first association, right ?), then go to the "players" screen and "import real player", and import them both into the game. Of course, they will not have stats for the first month that you have already played though.

GNDN -> RE: Need help, small problem (11/11/2007 7:17:35 PM)

Just to close the circle (in case anyone else is watching this):

Nukester, your advice about my Assn. was dead on.  I force retired Francoeur and re-imported him without a hitch.  I than retired Francis and had to select allow duplicate players before I could re-import him. 

I auto-simmed a Braves and Rockies game and the GM's dutifully inserted them into their line-up and rotation.

I then installed the 'e' hot-fix and the players did not disappear so it looks like I am all set.

So, in closing, all I have to say is LET'S GO METS!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI