What about naval warfare? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports

EasyGreen -> What about naval warfare? (11/3/2007 11:45:34 PM)

I've been trying to decide if I should buy the game. One thing I haven't seen much talk about is naval warfare. I see some naval units in screenshots, but no discussion. Is ship to ship combat included? How about carriers? Do carriers include air units; fighters, bombers, torpedo planes? Is it possible to attack ships with land based air? Can you have carrier battles in the Pacific between carrier based aircraft? This is a part of the game that TAOW didn't have. If AT has it, I'm sold.

tweber -> RE: What about naval warfare? (11/4/2007 12:25:26 AM)

Naval warfare is a very important part of the Pac War scenario.  Naval units include DDs, CGs, BBs, SS, CVs, and planes. 

EasyGreen -> RE: What about naval warfare? (11/4/2007 12:51:32 AM)

Thanks tewber.

I know the ships are there, but can I have groups of battleships shooting it out at 10 miles, etc? Can I use the ships for someting more than shore bombing?

Sorry I started this thread in the wrong place. Hope someone moves it out to the general Advanced Tactics forum.

tweber -> RE: What about naval warfare? (11/4/2007 4:01:54 AM)

Ships can do a sea attack to naval units next to them.  BBs can bombard 2 hexes away.  Planes fly off carriers with a range of 10 hexes (or more based on the tech level). 

I think the best naval tactic in Pac war is to have a couple of weak picket units to try to find the enemy, then keep the bulk of the fleet in reserve.  If you find the enemy, you pounce.

Also, subs are good at hiding and can disrupt supply lines at sea.  They are good to push into a rear areas to tie up your enemy fleet.

EasyGreen -> RE: What about naval warfare? (11/4/2007 5:15:20 AM)

Now that's what I wanted to hear!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI