Will it run on Linux? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

voteslave -> Will it run on Linux? (11/4/2007 8:34:50 AM)

Hi

I tried installing through 'wine' but no luck - anyone else got it working in Linux? Is it even possible? If not is there anything that can be done to make it so?

thanks

leastonh1 -> RE: Will it run on Linux? (11/4/2007 10:59:12 AM)

It won't currently run under Linux. The following was taken from the wine FAQ:

Can I install Microsoft .NET or an application that needs it?
Currently .NET apps do not run in Wine mainly due to the fact that .NET itself (1 or 2) will not install in Wine. You can try installing Mono but that only works for a fraction (read <1%) of programs so at the moment you are better off finding an alternative program or waiting until .NET is implemented in Wine one way or another.

voteslave -> RE: Will it run on Linux? (11/4/2007 11:07:31 AM)

thanks jim

its a shame though :(

leastonh1 -> RE: Will it run on Linux? (11/4/2007 12:58:11 PM)

Yeah, it is a shame. But this is a limitation of what wine can do with the very complex Windows environment. It's an amazing achievement to have anything related to Windows running in Linux, full stop. Just shows how versatile Linux is. Don't get me started though because I'm a Linux fanboy and dedicated Windows basher [:D]. Twenty years IT working experience does that to you!

Regards,
Jim

JaguarUSF -> RE: Will it run on Linux? (11/4/2007 3:12:17 PM)

Have you tried VirtualBox?

leastonh1 -> RE: Will it run on Linux? (11/4/2007 5:04:56 PM)

VirtualBox and VMWare are viable options, yes...But, virtualisation takes up vastly more resources than wine, so the PC needs to be higher spec to cope. Plus, it does seem a bit of a sledghammer and nut situation to get a game running, to say the least. Wouldn't it be much easier and simpler to dual boot Windoze and Linux? [8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI