Renaming Associations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

Frozen Stiffer -> Renaming Associations (11/5/2007 11:48:34 PM)

Hello, Shaun!

Just a formal request, I would love to see something like this implemented in PS 2008. There isn't a HUGE demand for changing an association name, and I understand this, but it would still be nice to have the option. I love my Replay_2006 and Replay_1986 associations, but I would love to name them something more suitable (such as The Marlins Dynasty and the Avenge Buckner Association).

Any thoughts about this in the future release?

[sm=innocent0001.gif]

PadresFan104 -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/6/2007 12:44:50 AM)

I'll second this request!!  I'd love to have this as well.

Bustoff -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/6/2007 12:56:38 AM)

I like this idea. It's doable now, but not very easy even if you know your way around an Access database.

As long as I'm here, I have another request. When I want to use the filter to find, say, a second baseman, I have to uncheck all the boxes except the one for 2B. Now generally I will use the filter to find players at one or maybe two positions, which means I have to uncheck 6 or 7 boxes each time I use the filter. To me, it would make more sense if none of the boxes were checked by default, and I could select the ones I wanted, rather than deselect the ones I didn't want.
It's not a big thing, just a bit annoying and--at least to me--illogical the way it's set up now.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/6/2007 1:17:11 AM)

Another good idea... Boy, I'm hot today!  [:D]

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/6/2007 2:25:13 AM)

On the topic of simple little details that go a long way...

... on the in-game roster screen (as seen when pinch-hitting, pinch-running or swapping players or pitchers) the players are organized by first name. If I click on the tab for the players, it won't sort them by last name. Now I know that may seem like an odd thing to request, but I want go down in PS history as making an effort to fix and work this game into as near perfection as possible.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

=o)

KG Erwin -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/6/2007 4:44:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

On the topic of simple little details that go a long way...

... on the in-game roster screen (as seen when pinch-hitting, pinch-running or swapping players or pitchers) the players are organized by first name. If I click on the tab for the players, it won't sort them by last name. Now I know that may seem like an odd thing to request, but I want go down in PS history as making an effort to fix and work this game into as near perfection as possible.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

=o)

Now, wait, FS. When pinch-hitting, you sort by CH, don't you? Or, when pinch-running, you sort by SP, right? THIS is what needs to be auto-sorted.

Adding pinch-hit and pinch-run buttons is a bit much, but this makes more sense than your suggested sort name approach . What's the actual purpose of that?

The LAST thing I wanna do is clutter up the game with unneccessary stuff. You were joking, weren't you? Weren't you?

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/6/2007 6:52:36 PM)

KG,

Actually, yes-- I wasn't taking that all so seriously. I was only mentioning it because I felt an urge to add something else to the topc and (at the time) couldn't think of anything significant or valid.

Wrathchild -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/6/2007 11:18:29 PM)

Personally, I find the in game substitution/pinch hit/pinch run interface unfriendly. Many's the time I've accidentally sent my current pitcher to play 2B or substituted a C for my SS because I have a player highlighted at the top part of the screen and then click on one at the bottom. 

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Renaming Associations (11/7/2007 1:00:05 AM)

Wrath,

The only thing I can suggest here is to be careful when you do it. Go slow, don't rush the switch. I'm not trying to brag, but I have only once made that mistake; and that was because I was following someone else's instructions to the letter to research an error.

[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI