The Old School (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

BumInABox -> The Old School (11/10/2007 2:22:09 AM)

How I remember the old days of gaming back in the mid 90s. My very first game purchase was of Battleground Bull Run. Im glad to see that these games are finally being brought back to life. I am an avid historical gamer and military history is all I play. This is definently a good deal to see. As we speak, Im downloading both of these games.

keeferon01 -> RE: The Old School (11/10/2007 4:26:04 AM)

have you tried any of the other hps titles

MrBoats -> RE: The Old School (11/10/2007 10:01:14 AM)

I think that these games are some of the best as far as solitaire play goes, provided you blay both sides. A few house rules help, but you can get very good, historical outcomes that way. I had a Waterloo scenario that went down to the wire -- Napoleon was on the verge of victory when the artillery ammo ran out. The French withdrew as the the Thin Red Line reformed. I also has a 2nd Bull Run scenario play out pretty much as it actually did -- Pope threw everything at Jackson until Longstreet rolled up his left flank. The AI was never worth a damn, but the system and maps were excellent.

BumInABox -> RE: The Old School (11/10/2007 2:40:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron James

Yes, I have. I have several of the civlwar games. Im looking into getting the 176 and war of 1812 as they both fancy my historical studies.

keeferon01 -> RE: The Old School (11/10/2007 4:08:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BumInABox

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron James

Yes, I have. I have several of the civlwar games. Im looking into getting the 176 and war of 1812 as they both fancy my historical studies.

yes I have played both , they are very good with huge campaigns and scenarios, worth getting

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI