Assertion Failed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

GIJim -> Assertion Failed (11/15/2007 7:40:00 AM)

First of all, let me congratulate all for a great game. It has given me alot of pleasure over the last year. I've just recently downloaded the beta patch (I think). However, since the download I can't pull the game up. I get the initial setup/load page then if whether I push load pbem, start new game, whatever I get "assertion failed". What else do I need to do?

Walloc -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/15/2007 1:48:17 PM)

Any thing like this?(look at pic at buttom)
I think u might need to reinstall the game and the newest patch only then, at leased thats a fast way to solve the issue, if it that.
I remember 1 of the testers having a similar problem. Tried to look if he found a way around other than reinstalling and i couldnt find it. Ill look again in tester forum later but im out of time now.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

[image]local://upfiles/22745/F056EA4D2C7F456A904C6A994621A97F.jpg[/image]

ericbabe -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/15/2007 5:29:39 PM)

It does sound as though there may be an issue with the way the patch installer works on your system.  Matrix puts the installer together, so I'm not very informed about how the nuts-and-bolts of the installer works, but my guess might be that something like an anti-virus program could keep the installer from functioning properly.

Is the proper version of the game displayed in the upper right hand corner of the loading screen while the game loads?

GIJim -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/16/2007 4:50:27 AM)

I've uninstalled the old game and reinstalled the new game. As the game is loading it shows version 194. When I try to pull up the PBEM game I get "Incompatible save game file". Thanks for the quick response. What else do I need to do? I'm having withdrawal symptoms here.

Gil R. -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/16/2007 4:56:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GIJim

I've uninstalled the old game and reinstalled the new game. As the game is loading it shows version 194. When I try to pull up the PBEM game I get "Incompatible save game file". Thanks for the quick response. What else do I need to do? I'm having withdrawal symptoms here.

If you're getting 1.9.4, then you haven't reinstalled the beta patch (or haven't done it into the proper folder). But what PBEM game are you trying to load? One that you began before installing the beta patch? The beta patch breaks the save files for any game started under a version 1.9.x.

GIJim -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/16/2007 6:00:32 AM)

Again, thanks for the quick response. Where do I find the beta patch?

Gil R. -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/16/2007 6:14:52 AM)

Here's a thread explaining where to find the public beta: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1412553&mpage=1&key=�

But I've got an important question for you. I checked, and version 1.9.4, which you seem to have installed, is the public beta patch from way back in the spring. Did you just download that in the past few days? Or have you had it all this time? That patch most definitely should not be anywhere that people can download it, because it's absolutely obsolete.

GIJim -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/17/2007 4:53:53 PM)

Great, thanks for the help. I think I'm ready to go! I just need a Yankee opponent! You guys are great with your responses and the development/update of this game! As a 54 year old Civil War buff; I have waited many, many years for a realistic, strategic Civil War game. This game is great!!!!!

Jim

Gil R. -> RE: Assertion Failed (11/17/2007 6:14:14 PM)

Thanks! And I'm glad to know things seem to be working properly.

Fire Eater -> RE: Assertion Failed (1/15/2008 1:41:18 AM)

I bought the game in early December and installed the latest patch.

I received this error 3 times in 3 separate games at about the 40 to 50th move after saving the game and later trying to open the saved game.  I reinstalled but that doesn't help.  I have a strong computer with lots of memory and don't believe my computer is the problem as other games play on it without difficulty.

It takes a long time to play that many moves and it is very discouraging to have the saved game suddenly come to a permanent end like that.  I have given up on the game as there appears to be no solution.

It seems like a lot of people are having this problem.  I wish I would have known about it before.    

ericbabe -> RE: Assertion Failed (1/15/2008 3:30:31 AM)

Fire Eater, is your error the "incompatible save game file" problem that GIJim mentioned?  The problem he was experiencing is that save game files between different major versions of the game are not compatible.  In his case, he was in a PBEM game with someone who had a different major version.  If you're also getting the "incompatible save game file", unfortunately you won't be able to finish the game after you've patched to a new major version, you'll have to reinstall the old version if you want to finish the game.  If you're not sure which version your save game file is under, you can open the save file (the .sve file) in a text editor and look at the first three numbers on the very first line; those numbers are the three version numbers.

gukan -> RE: Assertion Failed (2/1/2008 3:15:54 PM)

Hi.
I bought this game last weekend and i must say that it's great. Good job.
But when i try to start the April 1961 campaign i have the same assertion failed that Walloc shows in his post, i have no problem with the other campaigns. The solution that Walloc offers (reinstall and newest patch) will not work for me (the file that matrix provide comes with the latest patch).
Any solution?

Thanks

ericbabe -> RE: Assertion Failed (2/1/2008 4:24:02 PM)

I don't think there's an April scenario included.  Could it be either the July or the November scenario?

gukan -> RE: Assertion Failed (2/2/2008 11:59:53 AM)

Ups. I was at work when i post.

When i select the scenario i can get:
-Standard campaign
-July 1861 <-- That's the one failing
-Small setup
-Southern Steel (Nov 1861)
-The comming Fury (July 1861)
-The comming Fury (July 1861, Balanced Econ)

Thanks

ericbabe -> RE: Assertion Failed (2/2/2008 4:38:30 PM)

Oh, I think that July scenario is obsolete.  It accidentally made it into one of the beta patch installers, but I think it's gone from the gold version of the installer.  Sorry for the confusion.

Gil R. -> RE: Assertion Failed (2/2/2008 10:11:50 PM)

Gukan,
You've installed the most recent patch, but that July folder is still there? If so, you can easily delete it by going into the Matrix Games folder, then the Forge of Freedom sub-folder, then the Scenarios sub-sub-folder, and deleting the "July 1861" sub-sub-sub-folder.

gukan -> RE: Assertion Failed (2/3/2008 12:01:53 PM)

Extrange.

I buy and download the file from matrix on January 26th.
The instaler is ForgeofFreedom-setuprelease-v11010.exe . Is it the most recent?

But no problem, i start the comming fury scenario and is great!

ericbabe -> RE: Assertion Failed (2/3/2008 8:26:56 PM)

That is strange.  It's possible the bad scenario is still in the installer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI